Uploaded producs - now link page won't open

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #73698

Hi there,

I've built a site that has been working well during development. Past 2 weeks I've been uploading products. Nothing too demanding, importing maybe 200 products at a time to a total of 5,500.

There are only 4 fields - Product_code, product_name, product_description, categories

After uploading I couldn't link from the menu item resources on this page:

www.wslr.co.uk/index.php/members-area

It just went to a blank page and never loaded.

It seems that when uploading - 2 of the products had a category number that wasn't recognised so Hikashop added an un-named folder category) with two products in.

Took me a bit of finding and just reporting as it might be a bug that can be corrected.

Ian

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by ians.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13087
11 years 6 months ago #73978

Hi,

I see a 500 error on your product pages:
www.wslr.co.uk/index.php/resources-catal.../440-worlds-of-faith
Could you look in your php error log for the real error message ? If you don't know where is located your php error log, you should ask your hosting company.

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #74110

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for getting back to me. I haven't checked what the error code is, but I have cleared the cache on my Joomla site and it woked ok

However - after viewing a resource, I couldn't get back to the hikashop prodcuct page or back to the resource unless I clear the cache again.

I have the caching turned off in Joomla and it seems OK now.

Should cacheing be turned off for Hikashop to run?

Ian

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by ians.

• Thank you received: 13087
11 years 6 months ago #74384

Hi,

Yes, it's better to have it turned off. Cache can cause lots of issues with ecommerce solutions because they need to display dynamic stuff and that the cache system is done specifically to display always the same thing.
So for example, with some cache activated the cart module would always display the same thing. Not practical and not much we can do to avoid that except turning the cache off.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds