content won't show on the my site

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #73956

Hi,

I removed hikashop and did a new installation, most of the setting from previous version. Now I can not view the category list or product list. aprexbio.com/apx/aprexbioshop.html .

this is newest vesrion with Joomla 2.5.7. can you help me out ? Thanks.

Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 5 months ago #74042

Your problem description is rather scarce, but I'll take a crack at it.

I'm assuming you created menu items to hika category/product. When you uninstalled/reinstalled Hika your menu items may have lost the way to what they were pointing at...try setting them again.

11 years 5 months ago #74299

Thank you. However I reset the menu item, and set it to display categories, when I click the category shown on the page, it is blank, there are actaully items under that category. the url itemid 591 can not be found anywhere in my product list.
Another question is about the clean re-installation of hikashop, how to proceed, i tried, the settting came back without any modification for new installation, I assumed that I didn't remove all the files from the server.

Thanks again.

jack

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 5 months ago #74306

Re menu item-cat list: You might want to try the following: Rebuild categories, Rebuild ALL menu items, empty Joomla global cache, empty your browser cache. Also make sure everything you are using is actually published.

Re reinstall of Hika: I am new to Hikashop so pls use your judgement with the steps I took when I uninstalled Hikashop.

I think your config remained the same because the parameters are stored in the database. When you reinstall Hika over a copy of itself, it will not erase its config...which is great, since every time you upgrade you would have to reconfig everything...

Use the update manager to uninstall Hika and manually delete the Hika tables from your database, they appear to all be prefixed with the word *hika*.

That should leave you with an opportunity for a fresh install. If anyone knows of a simpler way, pls chime in!

The following user(s) said Thank You: yjiang92131

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #74351

Yes, deleting the tables in the database before reinstalling will clear all the settings and data in HikaShop.

I see that it's now working on your website @yjiang92131. That's great !

11 years 5 months ago #74357

Thanks. another problem, 1). the paypal option disappeared, i remove the zone restriction, still doesn't work. de-active and active the plugin, doesn't work. see the attached image.
2). i put the shopping cart on the left site, when the price is more than $1000, as shown in the screenshot, the delete simbol (grey cross) was pushed out of the green box, it doesn't response to my click, and i couldn't delete the item. Is there way to put the price in the second row, and make sure that there has enough space for big price ? Thanks again.

Jack

11 years 5 months ago #74358

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #74895

Hi,

1. You have one of these problems:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq
Please check each point of that FAQ and if you can't find which one it is please do a screenshot of the paypal plugin options.

2. In the hikashop options of the module, you can turn off the columns you don't want in order to have more space. You should for example disable the price display in the cart module.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds