Update Shipment Prices

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Style
11 years 5 months ago #74276

Hello there

I started to explore the Manual Shippment Plugin of HikaShop to learn how the things work, so that I can write my own module, fitting the need of my business / Swiss Post System.

I have the need, that I can send things with a special additional server called "Eingeschrieben". It means, that the Swiss Post guarantes the delivery or send the letter/packet back to the sender.

Therefore I added an additional field on the product (since this is something that the kind of the product demands in my case). I added the field product_delivery_options to product table and the possible value can be: "registered" or "registered-personally".

I have added the following code to manual.php of the manual shipping plugin to the function "onShippingDisplay(...)". It's just to try out a little bit the mechanics of the plugins:
(Ignore the maximum_height stuff for the moment... this is another requirement):

$overall_maximum_height = 0;
    $overall_has_signature = false;
    $overall_has_signature_personal = false;

foreach($order->products as $k => $row) {
      if($row->product_height > $overall_maximum_height)
      {
        $overall_maximum_height = $row->product_height;
      }

if(strcasecmp($row->product_delivery_options, "registered") == 0){
        $overall_has_signature = true;
      }

if(strcasecmp($row->product_delivery_options, "registered-personally") == 0){
        $overall_has_signature_personal = true;
      }
    }

foreach($rates as $k => $rate){
      if($overall_has_signature) {
        $rates[$k]->shipping_params->shipping_price_orig = $rates[$k]->shipping_params->shipping_price;

$tempShippingPrice  = (float)$rates[$k]->shipping_params->shipping_price;
        $rates[$k]->shipping_params->shipping_price = $tempShippingPrice + 5.0;
      }
      if($overall_has_signature_personal) {
        if($rates[$k]->shipping_params->shipping_price_orig != 0) {
          $rates[$k]->shipping_params->shipping_price_orig = $rates[$k]->shipping_params->shipping_price;
        }
        $tempShippingPrice  = (float)$rates[$k]->shipping_params->shipping_price;
        $rates[$k]->shipping_params->shipping_price = $tempShippingPrice + 1.0;
      }
    }

My problem is, that the rates are not updated. I can't see the updated amount in the Checkout-Process and also in the NetBeans IDE, there seems to be no change for shipping_price. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I change the shipping price? Maybe it's a PHP-Related thing and has nothing todo with HikaShop, but I stuck and therefore I'm asking if there is a trick or something I miss.

Thanks for your help and best regards
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #74385

Hi,

As far as I can see that code looks right.
However, note that once selected, a shipping method information is stored in the user session. So unless you change the product quantity or the address or logout/login, you won't see the new prices.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Style
11 years 5 months ago #74441

nicolas wrote: However, note that once selected, a shipping method information is stored in the user session. So unless you change the product quantity or the address or logout/login, you won't see the new prices.

Hmm, okay... I'm not sure what this means. I have deactivated an automatic selection of the shipping method. I can see that the function "onShippingDisplay()" will be triggered 2 times (in case when the customer is not logged in), or it will be triggered 1 time when the customer is logged in.

Do I have to delete the browser cache or something between my debug sessions maybe?

I'll keep trying...

Another thing is: What do I have todo to store the settings? I now created a new module. In fact, I copied the existing "manual" plugin and changed all the XML "Manual" Names, including the filenames and the classname (plgHikashopshippingManual -> plgHikashopshippingSwissPostManual).

I changed 2 things in the "swisspostmanual_configuration.php" where I have no idea if it's correct:

<a href="<?php echo hikashop_completeLink('plugins&plugin_type=shipping&task=edit&name='.$this->data['manual'].'&subtask=shipping_edit&shipping_id='.$rate->shipping_id);?>"><?php echo $rate->shipping_name;?></a>

<span class="spanloading"><?php echo $this->data['toggleClass']->delete($id,"manual-".$rate->shipping_id,'shipping',true); ?></span>

<input type="hidden" name="name" value="manual" />

To:
<a href="<?php echo hikashop_completeLink('plugins&plugin_type=shipping&task=edit&name='.$this->data['swisspostmanual'].'&subtask=shipping_edit&shipping_id='.$rate->shipping_id);?>"><?php echo $rate->shipping_name;?></a>

<span class="spanloading"><?php echo $this->data['toggleClass']->delete($id,"swisspostmanual-".$rate->shipping_id,'shipping',true); ?></span>

<input type="hidden" name="name" value="swisspostmanual" />

I can open/edit a configuration (in fact click "New"), but when I store it, the table with all configurations is empty. How does the storing mechanisms work or what do I have todo to store the settings? I couldn't figure that out till now :unsure:

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #74894

Hi,

Delete the browser's cache no, but logout/login in order to reset the user session, yes.

You need to change also all the "manual" in the manual.php

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds