Shadowbox works on everything except variants

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #75091

I have set up Shadowbox Media Player plugin to Get Images to cycle through with arrows when the larger image popsup as you suggested in the documentation at this link and it is working great on products that do not have additional variants.

On products that do have variants when you switch to one of the other options and the new images come up when you click on them they do not use the Shadowbox ... they simply open on a blank screen. You can see what I mean on this page .

My Joomla and Hikashop are up to date ... Joomla! 2.5.7 Stable and Hikashop 2.0.0

You will notice that the first image works when you get to the page but if you switch the variant for Pattern to one of the other ones then those images do not function correctly on the clicked popup. Any ideas as to what is causing that?

Also just noticed that the main image is showing 1 of 12 because it is cycling through the images for every variant rather than just the 2 images for the main product.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by further. Reason: just noticed an additional issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #75351

The shadowbox Media Player cannot work with dynamically loaded images. So either you don't use that extension and use the default shadowbox of joomla, or you need to have all your images on the main product and you will need to edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and remove the code:
$this->setLayout('show_block_img');
echo $this->loadTemplate();

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #75422

Ok ... thanks. I think I will revert back to the default instead since I have lots of characteristics in operation.

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 2 months ago #142340

Hello.

Sorry to bump such an old thread but has there been any progress in this area?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 2 months ago #142347

Hi,

www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html
HikaShop 2.2.3 have a native integration with Shadowbox.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 2 months ago #142354

Hi Jerome.

Thank you for your quick reply.
In fact we are using version 2.2.3 as you can see from the screenshot below, yet most of our .php files are from version 2.2.1

We did start out by testing the free version 2.2.1 and proceeded to purchase the essential version after testing.
When we installed essential version it automatically updated to version 2.2.3

Are we missing something here?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 2 months ago #142406

Hi,

When you create a view override, you override the current view file.
So when you update, you keep your overrides. It is the base of the feature of the overrides.
So if you have an override for a view originally made in HikaShop 2.2.1, the used file will stay the same and the version indicate from "when" you made your override.

You can remove your override and restore the original file (at this moment, from the current version : 2.2.3) or you can patch your override if you want to keep your modifications.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds