Order file uploads not saved

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #75123

Hi,

I have tried to allow my customers to place and order and attach an uploaded file. The order completes but there is never any mention of the file in the backend. I have checked the media safe folder and nothing. Isn't the backend order meant to show an attached file?

Luke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #75211

Hi,

The uploaded file can be found in the backend, in the order form. I you added the custom field to upload on a product, then you will find the file in the product listing.
If the custom field is in the checkout, then you will find the file in the additional informations.

11 years 5 months ago #75366

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am still not seeing it. To test this myself I attempted to process an order at my website notascratch.com/custom-4-4s/product/98-custom-photo . I have uploaded a file and added in some details - the question "does this show?". I took the order through to the Paypal payment page, ensuring that the order was placed.

If you look at the attachments you will see that the email notes the details question but not the file upload. The backend of the order shows neither.

Can you advise please? I have customer orders in the backend arriving without uploads and details - I then have to email them and request they send via email, which is unprofessional. I use Hikashop Business version.

Thanks,
Luke

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 5 months ago #75455

Hi,

The email you're showing is the order admin notification.
The files are not displayed in the notification email sent to the administrator. The are only in the order status notification email setn to the user when the order is confirmed.

On your backend, your order is not confirmed. The files links will only display when the order is confirmed.
IF the order is not confirmed automatically by PayPal after the payment is done, you should read that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification

11 years 5 months ago #75496

Hi,

Sorry, that's not happening. I have created an order and seen it through to confirmed status, even transferring the money. I can verify that the confirmed order email to the customer shows that the file is attached BUT it links to a wrong location. AND the backend for the admin does not show anything about either the details or the upload. Please check the attachments.

It doesn't work. Please help.

Luke

Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #75616

Hi,

What is the link of the file in the email ? Could you give the URL please ?

11 years 5 months ago #75654

11 years 5 months ago #75896

Hi,

The problem seems to come from the fact that your order is not assigned to the user with which you're logged on your website.

As you can see here www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...re_the_link_goes.png the user with which you're logged in doesn't have any orders.

Note that you're opening the confirmation order of your customer, so it tries to look for the file on the frontend as you being the customer.
If you click on the link in the order admin notification email, it will be as an administrator and will download it via the backend as you being the administrator.

11 years 5 months ago #76004

Hi,

Thanks for continuing to help.

So, it seems like the image is viewable from the email, since it will download it as an administrator. But are you confirming that it isn't available in the backend, as attached to the order? You recall the screenshot I provided didn't show it.

Luke

11 years 5 months ago #76181

Hi,

No the item custom fields will display on the order page. That is, unless you turned off the back end listing display of the custom field, in which case the custom item field would indeed not display in the products listing of the order on the back end.

• Thank you received: 3
10 years 5 months ago #131251

Hello, I am having a very similar issue. We updated to the latest release of Hikashop Business and now the email links to the custom file upload field doesn't work, it takes me to the frontend of our website showing a summary of orders, rather than downloading the uploaded file. website is www.quickcheapprint.co.nz . Would you be able to check whats going wrong for me? the URL link in the admin notification email looks like this: quickcheapprint.co.nz/index.php/posters/...ODUyOTI5MzI0LmpwZw==

Help please...

10 years 5 months ago #131324

Hi,

Thanks to give us a screenshot of your custom field configuration, we will try to reproduce the problem on our end.
When you try to download, is your session still valid on the browser ? Or you have to re-connect to the website ?

10 years 5 months ago #131396

Hi Xavier, here is the screenshot of our custom field config. The strange thing is that whilst we were on 2.2 Hikashop it was working good and those older confirmation emails still have the link that works. Since we are on 2.2.2, it now doesn't work like it did.

I have just done some more testing, and if you log in as the user who placed the order, you can access the file using the link in the email. Screenshot attached of the email we are clicking the link in. Let me know if you need any other details to help, I can give you login if you need it.

Thanks

Attachments:

10 years 5 months ago #131450

Hi,

So when logged in, it's working fine.
But if you are not logged in, it display the orders and nothing else which can say to the customer that he has to be connected in order to download the file.
I have added this issue on our todo list, we will correct that for a future release.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 5 months ago #131465

Hi,
Can you edit the file : "\media\com_hikashop\mail\order_admin_notification.preload.php"
and change the line :

echo $sep . $fieldsClass->trans($oneExtraField->field_realname).' : '.$fieldsClass->show($oneExtraField, $data->order->$fieldName);
by :
echo $sep . $fieldsClass->trans($oneExtraField->field_realname).' : '.$fieldsClass->show($oneExtraField, $data->order->$fieldName,'admin_email');
And test it again ?

10 years 5 months ago #131517

Hi Xavier,

Not quite, it only works if you are logged in as the user who made the order and uploaded the file. This is no good because the file is part of the order, and we (as administrators) then need to access that file by clicking on the link in the confirmation email which currently just takes us to an order summary list (as in my screenshot in the post above), it doesn't download the file...

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by ahcopyart. Reason: clarification

10 years 5 months ago #131521

Hello Mohamed, I just tried that code mod and it didn't seem to alter anything. I tried it without logging in and also with logging in as administrator to the front end, and also the backend. What do you think is happening?

10 years 5 months ago #131890

Could someone give us some help with this issue please, its very frustrating...

• Thank you received: 4005
10 years 5 months ago #131943

Hi,

You have to test with a new order.
The fix change the way that the links are made, if you use an old email, it is logical that the link which wasn't good is still not good.
So please create a new order to have the new email with a working link.

More than that, please understand that you have posted Friday night and Monday (11th November) was a day off.
The support team have to take some rest too :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Jerome.

10 years 5 months ago #131945

Jerome, we are in New Zealand so had no idea about a day off, sorry to pressure you. I did make a new order but it didn't make any difference.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds