Problem with the checkout page.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 5 months ago #75162

If a user has something in the cart, and they go to my Instructions page or FAQ page or Contact US page. (which have modules in the "body") then choose to "check out" The checkout page appears, but doesn't go to its own page. It appears around whatever is already there.

Is there a way to force the checkout page to go to its own page?

65.61.122.164/langkatest/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #75290

Hi,

Try to edit the view "product / cart" and replace the code:

if($this->params->get('show_cart_proceed',1)) echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT'),'checkout',$this->params,hikashop_completeLink('checkout'.$url_itemid.$cart_type),'');
By:
if($this->params->get('show_cart_proceed',1)) echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT'),'checkout',$this->params,'index.php/component/hikashop/checkout?Itemid=103','');

11 years 5 months ago #75439

That didn't work. I cleared my cache as well. Can I put the Check out page in a different module? Or does the checkout page have to go into the body area?

11 years 5 months ago #75441

Can I somehow assign the checkout page to a menu. If I do that I may be able to exclude the checkout page from the pages that have my FAQ, Instructions and Contact us page. In the"Menu Assignment" at the bottom of the modules.

11 years 5 months ago #75446

I added A Checkout menu item to my "Cart" menu and it opens up perfectly on its own page. Is there some way to make the "Checkout" button use the checkout page from the Menu?

11 years 5 months ago #75479

I couldn't figure out how to get the checkout button to work. So this is how I made it work for me.

I unselected the proceed to checkout button on my cart (so that the checkout button wouldn't show up anywhere). Created my own checkout button (in photoshop). Created a custom html module (in joomla) and published it under the cart and linked it to the checkout page that I created for my menu. This works perfectly and I could make my checkout button look and act the way I wanted.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds