AUPost Plugin not loading on some detsinations

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #75802

Hi

Have had a few orders where the shipping has not been added at all
on checking - no zones set, products have weight

Mimiced one of the failed shipping orders; and it was a Canadian Postcode of E2E 4L6
and surprise - if no postcode is entered for the address (blank) the shippijng plugin is triggered, but with the postcode in it the shipping is not loaded at all; but if I remove the space form the postcode the plugin works.

My guess is that maybe the space in the postcvode is causing the plugin to barf / fail.

Ianb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #75808

Another fail for the aupost calc seems to occur when there is a postcode and town mismatch
- without doing extensive testing that's what it looks like

and instead of an error / fail, it seems to be proceeding to checkout without adding shipping at all

• Thank you received: 13092
11 years 6 months ago #75957

Hi,

You can fix that by adding the line:
$order->shipping_address->address_post_code = preg_replace('#[^0-9A-Z]#','',$order->shipping_address->address_post_code);

before the line:
$message = 'The post code entered is not valid';

in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/aupost/aupost.php

That's actually not a problem of the plugin but of the australia post web service which doesn't handle spaces in the post code properly.

However, these cases already display error messages. If you don't see the message, it must come from your template which doesn't display error messages:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...issues.html#messages

The following user(s) said Thank You: netpastor

11 years 6 months ago #76022

Thanks for the info; I suppose the more pressing issue on this though is that if there is a fail of the plugin, that there should be some form of fallback.
ie revert to manual shipping maybe?
as otherwise the customer goes throuhg to payment, pays, and expects the shipping to be included.

There have been 3 orders so far that have been processed in this cart over the last several weeks that have not included shipping, and I figure ecah of these would be to do with soem form of parse error with web services at edeliver; thus an imperfect "fallback" would be important. Is there a way to configure such a fallback in hikashop? (as I can't really see a process that allows it)

Thanks

ian

11 years 6 months ago #76032

actually - there is an error message displayed that I just noticed; "No Shipping Method Found";
but still allows te buyer to proceed to checkout without a fallback

11 years 6 months ago #76037

Have isolated another parse error; if the person enters an incorrect postcode (one I found was entered as 6706 instead of 6076 - 6706 is a non-existent place/postcode), shipping error is identified
"The request to the Australia Post server failed with the message: Please enter a valid To postcode."
"No shipping method found"

However - the buyer can still proceed through to checkout; ie needs to be a fallback, or a prompt for the person to be able to fix that specific error before they can proceed

Ian

11 years 6 months ago #76345

That should already be the case. If no shipping methods are found, the user is not able to finish the checkout on our end.
The only case where it would be possible to finish the checkout without shipping method would be if you had removed the "shipping" view from the "checkout workflow" option of the configuration. In such case, you should add it back since it is necessary for the shipping methods selection.

The following user(s) said Thank You: netpastor

11 years 5 months ago #76538

The shipping part of the checkout workflow is there / enabled;
but it seems that with these parse errors the buyer is still able to proceed through checkout without shipping being applied
Ian

11 years 5 months ago #76867

Hi,

Could you give a link to your shop and a screenshot of the checkout tab of the configuration so that we can see that as we cannot reproduce the problem on our end ?
Also please make sure that you're using the latest version of HikaShop.

11 years 5 months ago #79370

www.philmason.org/

Just had another one; where the buyer placed an incorrect postcode in the pv filed Qld 4074; but was allowed throught o checkout

As this site also has freight free downloads available; should "Force shipping regardless of weight" be yes or no?

Thanks

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 5 months ago #79400

Hi,

Can you show me screenshots of your AUpost shipping method configuration page ?

11 years 5 months ago #79418

attached

Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #79447

Ok so can you set the "zone" option to Australia ?

11 years 5 months ago #79516

so that wouldn't have the affect of disabling shipping to all destinations other than Australia?
ie this plugin is used for all destinations.

11 years 5 months ago #79519

so - answering my own puzzlement on your suggestion - I found that there is an option for creating specific shipping zones including some countries.
So I created a shipping zone called all; added all countries to it; and then changed the auspost plugin shipping zone to my new 'all' shipping zone.

Can you confirm my logic here please

thanks

ian

11 years 5 months ago #79522

so - I have just tested an order with and without the au shipping plugin being set to both Australia, and my new all-countries shipping zone
with failure

the issue is still that if an incorrect syntax postcode (eg NSW 2480, instead of 2480) is entered, the plugin fails to trigger, and no error message is displayed; and the customer proceeds to checkout without shipping applied

11 years 5 months ago #79587

Hi,

Can I have a back-end access ? it would help me to understand what the problem is.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

11 years 5 months ago #80591

thanks - PM'd you logins :-)
Ian

11 years 5 months ago #80665

Hi Ian,

I did some modification on your global configuration, and it seems to be working fine now, but the last problem that you have is that you don't have any error message because of your template. So you'll find the solution there :

HikaShop uses the core Joomla messaging system to display messages on your website so if you don't see any message when you don't enter correct information during the checkout process, that's probably because your Joomla template does not contain the tag to display Joomla messages: <jdoc:include type="message" />

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

11 years 5 months ago #80774

I would be interested to know what changes have been made to global configuration to make this now work?
- as there was nothing I could see before that would lead to a fix.

The ganrty templating system does not appear to use the normal <jdoc:include..> statements
but I have seen error messages appear in the past on check out issues.
Usually top line of screen rather than in the body of the page.

The checkout still fails checks though; when I create an order and change my billing address to a 'fail' ie instead of postcode 2480, I place an n before it;
This then allows me to proceed to checkout without shipping applied; so my guess is that the chnages that were made to the global config have not improved this issue.

I would be interested if you have experience with system messages in the rockettheme templates though, as obviously they use some other mechanism to show system messages

I would have thought that it couldn;t be connected to a tempalte issue though, as hikashop would have it's own checks and balances against being able to proceed without shipping.

I have changed force shipping on checkout to no; as freight was being levied on mp3 downlaods.

ian

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds