Custom Field on Display Module

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 5 months ago #76034

I have copied instructions according to this post:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/53515...-module-display.html

I have added a custom field "teachings" to my product, and I have added <?php echo $this->row->teachings; ?> to the listing_img_title vie file, but still only the image and the product name are showing up on the front end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Site is at retreatwell.com/index.php ("Products" are on the right "featured instructors" and "featured centers"

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #76165

Hi,

Are you sure that you have edited the good view ? Is you display module parameter set to div > image and title ?
Could you give us a screenshot of your custom field parameters ?

11 years 5 months ago #76235

Ok, here are the images:

The custom field page:
imgur.com/lRcIE

The Products with custom field: (Only put it on 3 so far, but migt need to reload mainpage to get one of first 3 -- as they are all in random display)
imgur.com/Z0W4O

The modules settings:
imgur.com/J0RSe

And the edited view text: (Notice i put the custom field text in 2 separate places -- after trying only one -- and still doesnt work):
imgur.com/GkUNq

Thanks again for your help!

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by dynamicvitality.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 5 months ago #76467

Hi,

You need to enter a text in the custom field for each product if you want your modification to display that text for each product.
Also, make sure that you're editing the product/listing_img_title file for your frontend template and not another template.

11 years 5 months ago #76491

Thanks Nicolas,

I wasn't expecting it to show for all at this point, but it inst showing for the 4 that do have custom fields. Are you saying unless all of the products custom field have text, that is somehow wont show up for any of them? And to your second point: I don't understand. How could the img_title file be for anything but the frontend template? I am running only 1 template on my site.

UPDATE: Now I see what you are talking about. It works. Thank you for the excellent customer service.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by dynamicvitality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds