v 2.0 Cart Redirection from Front Page

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 5 months ago #76052

Hi,

I am having problem with v2.0 Hikashop. Whenever I try to go to cart from front page I am not redirected to checkout page but checkout page is displayed below the content displayed on the front page. The functionality works well for me in v1.6 Hikashop.

See also added screenshot.

Thanks,

Karol

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #76067

Hi,

That is not related to the 2.0.
You need to configure the "force a menu on checkout" option of the Checkout tab of the configuration so that the checkout won't display on the home page.

11 years 5 months ago #76236

Nicolas,

Excuse my ignorace but how it's NOT an issue related to 2.0 if it worked fine for me in 1.6 and got broken with 2.0?

Force a menu on the checkout is set to "None" in both test and production environment yet they behave differently. The difference seems to be in the version of the product. So it either was broken in 1.6 and got fixed in 2.0 or vice versa.

Thanks,

Karol

11 years 5 months ago #76265

We didn't change anything on that end and no one reported such issue nor are we able to reproduce such problem on either 1.6 or 2.0.
That is a potentially normal issue when that option is not set, like you have on your websites, based on how you configure your menus/modules.

As I said, you just need to set that option and that will work like you want.

11 years 5 months ago #78023

Ok, I sorted that out with what you've suggested. I have similar problem when I display product detail information from front page - instead of new page loading the information is displayed down below. See screeshot.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by karolko.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #78089

Hi,

I think that you can solve this problem by going in the Joomla menu parameter for your product listing, then in the assigned modules, remove the modules displaying the content at the top.
Or edit the module options and remove the menu assigned from where this product page is displayed.

11 years 4 months ago #79625

No that's not a solution I am afraid. I am PM-ing you the test environment details so you can have a look.

11 years 4 months ago #79710

Hi,

For your problem regarding the products being displayed on the frontpage, that's the solution that Xavier told you that you need to do.
Here is more precisely what you need to do:
Edit the module with the id 119 via the menu Display->Content modules and select the menu with the id 59.

For the fact that you can't delete the cart, please try to add the code:
var $cart_type = 'cart';

after the line:
class hikashopCartClass extends hikashopClass{

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php and that should help.

11 years 3 months ago #84243

Thanks for that, I am now live with Hikashop v 2.0 on my page.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds