Uploading CSVs

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #79936

I had a live site and unfortunately a program corrupted the site and I have had to start all over. I have all the previous information saved to the database and need to load the prices, characteristics, and descriptions for my 600 products. I loaded the products but there was no images. I finally was able to load the images, now there are no descriptions. In addition, I had over 1,000 variations with different prices for each variation for the product. I really need to be able to load the information. I have the information saved in database 4 and I am using database 3. I have the SQL, and CSV. I have tried to transfer the information via hikashop import, cyberduck, SQL, and file manager and nothing happens. How can I get my products back on? website

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 5 months ago #79937

Hi,

Can you show me the csv file that you are using, and the hikashop error when you're importing this csv (if there is an error)?

Thanks.

11 years 5 months ago #80028

The CSV that I am using is the CSV created from the database in the component/hikashop/characteristics that list the data tables and I exported it to a CSV.

File Attachment:

File Name: CSV_error.docx
File Size:220 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: jml_hikash...stic.csv
File Size:11 KB

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #80063

Hi,

You can't import only the characteristics, you have to import the products and the variants.
When importing products and variants, the characteristic will be automatically created.

11 years 5 months ago #80122

I get the same message with the variants. Do I put the variants and the products on the same csv? The products are already on the site. The images are already on the site without the description. This is what I get:

File Attachment:

File Name: jml_hikash...iant.csv
File Size:299 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: CSV_error_...-03.docx
File Size:226 KB

Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #80171

Hi,

Yes you have to put your products and your variants on the same file.
Look at the import documentation here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...shop-import.html#csv

product_code,product_parent_id,size

main_product,,big

first_variant,main_product,big

second_variant,main_product,small

11 years 5 months ago #80212

Do you know where I can find someone who specialize in Hika to do it for me? I have about 50 variations for one product and different prices and this seems complex. Should I also put the images csv on the same csv file because the images I inserted created another product without the description. The CSV I loaded seems to go to the products with no images, which I now have over 1,000 products instead of 600. I am beyond frustrated. The directions seem foreign to me.:(

11 years 5 months ago #80233

You can maybe post your request in the commercial jobs section of this forum.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds