Internet Explore 8 layout problem - checkout

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #80050

I hope someone can offer some advice please. I am pleased with Hikashop and the options it offers. However I am having a cart display problem in IE8 that doesn't occur in Firefox or Safari. I have attached images of the IE8 and Firefox displays. In the IE8 display the headings and content do not line up but do in the other browsers. I have tried different templates but the problem persists. Any ideas please? The website is www.aprilpinks.com and is till in development - therefore still in design!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 5 months ago #80065

Hi,

I think that you'll maybe find your answer there :

You need to remove the code:
#hikashop_checkout_page .hikashop_product_price_full {
text-align: left;
}
from the CSS file of HikaShop.

For the quantity elements, it's the CSS:
.hikashop_cart_product_quantity_value .hikashop_product_quantity_field, .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_value .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_refresh, .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_value .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_delete {
float: left;
}
.hikashop_cart_product_quantity_delete, .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_refresh, .hikashop_product_quantity_field {
float: left;
}

Hope this will help you.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

11 years 5 months ago #80069

Thank you - I will look at that. Is there any reason why that would affect IE8 and not Firefox, Safari?

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #80093

It's due to IE, they don't interpret the HTML like the other browsers.
We often have problems with it to be compatible and have a nice display.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dcs2

11 years 5 months ago #80195

Thanks Mohamed - very helpful. I took up your ideas and looked at the code using Firebug in Firebox. I found that the classes for the Image , Name unit Price etc namely
hikashop_cart_product_price_title,hikashop_cart_product_name_title, hikashop_cart_product_quantity_title , hikashop_cart_product_total_title, hikashop_cart_product_image_title were not defined in the css.

I seearched on my download file and they weren't there either. When I defined the classes the layout lined up perfectly. Somehow Safari and Fiurefox must do this intuitively! Hope this helps someone else.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by dcs2. Reason: mistake

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds