difficult to understand the content modules

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #80926

Its difficult for me to understand the content modules and the content menus set up.
I have several joomla categories, linked to hikashop menus.
Some menus when are clicked from the joomla menu they display everything as expected. Some others, not. I realised the inheritage mechanism, which is a litte complicated.
1. What is the order? General config>> content menus>> content modules?? Or General config>> content modules >> content menus??
2. Do I have to publish my content module in order to show the products of a category , but clicked from the hikashop thumb (inside the component where the category thumbs are linked in the hikashop category)
3. If I delete a module for testing purposes, can I recreate one and connect it with my content menu again?..... I have a problem now , beacause I deleted one and when I click from the thumb category look s empty, but when I click from the joomla menu its ok.

Can this be a little more simple, or can we have a module menu special that is highly customizable, so we don t have to use joomla menus?

Thanks for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 4 months ago #81073

Hi,

1. The heritage is simply General config>> content modules and General config>> content menus
2. No. Normally, the product listing module is associated with the category listing menu via the 'associated modules" option of the menu so it's HikaShop which displays it, not joomla. That's why the publish state in the joomla modules manager doesn't change anything for it.
3. Yes you can. But it'soften easier to just recreate a new menu as if you make a mistake for one option of the module, it can change completely the display of the module.

Of course the can be simpler. You can simply use the menus and modules which are already pre created by HikaShop when you install it, instead of trying to create your own.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #81132

Help me to understand. I ll pm you 2 urls the one is clicked from the joomla menu and the other from hikashop category thumb.
I ll pm you login details to fix it for me if its possible, but please tell me what was my mistake.
Thank you!

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #81208

I have more urls with problems.
this joomla
.../index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&Itemid=424&lang=el
this hika
.../index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=category&task=listing&cid=302&name=%CE%BF%CE%B4%CE%BF%CE%BD%CF%84%CF%8C%CE%BA%CF%81%CE%B5%CE%BC%CE%B5%CF%82&Itemid=423&lang=el

joomla>
.../index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&Itemid=425&lang=el
hika>
.../index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=category&task=listing&cid=301&name=%CE%BF%CE%B4%CE%BF%CE%BD%CF%84%CF%8C%CE%B2%CE%BF%CF%85%CF%81%CF%84%CF%83%CE%B5%CF%82&Itemid=423&lang=el

and many more.
Help understand why this is happening.
Can you please fix one of these and explaun why this is happening?

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #81292

Je sais que c est ne pas votre fault mais je besoin d aide ici.
Le temps pas vite est je ne peut pas trouver que c qi se passe.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #81349

Can somenone please see the problem?

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #81597

Can I have an answer please?
Nikolas?

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #81663

I believe Hikashop has a professional support, but now that I have a problem I can t get any support.
Am I somewhere wrong. I ve bought the professional package and wait for many days for an answer-help.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 4 months ago #81692

Hi,

Note that we use a ticket system to handle the support on our forum.
Each time you reply to a thread, it goes back at the top of the queue and we won't see it. So if you want to get a rapid reply, instead of replying several times you should rather wait a bit more, we reply as fast as we can.

I don't see any problem with your URLs.
The part %CE%BF%CE%B4%CE%BF%CE%BD%CF%84%CF%8C%CE%BA%CF%81%CE%B5%CE%BC%CE%B5%CF%82 in your URL is the name of the product in UTF8 which is URL encoded because it is in greek. If your browser is compatible, it will display the name of the product in greek instead of that and google will understand it properly.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds