Exported report data diff to column headers

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #81005

I'm setting up a new shop and am trying to become familiar with reporting.
I have generated a report of some test transactions - just a listing of all orders to date.
The CSV exported file, when opened in Excel has a couple of columns of data out of sync with the column descriptions. All columns after this point are incorrectly labeled.
I've attached the sample report. For example, order_full_price column seems to have payment_method data beneath it.

How is this corrected and can I alter the report to get rid of columns that are of no need to me?

Thank you
Viv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #81007

Try again - csv file attached

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashopex...port.csv
File Size:1 KB

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 4 months ago #81354

Hi,

The problem is a separator issue. You have selected to use the comma separator instead of the semi colon for CSVs in the configuration. However, in the date format, there is actually a comma. So when excel opens the CSV, it shifts the columns as it sees the dates in two columns instead of one.

If you change the separator, that should fix the issue automatically.

Alternatively, you can overwrite the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/widget.php with the one in this archive to fix the issue.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: vmrayner

11 years 4 months ago #81545

It is true that the export works with semicolon delimiter but I have to take special measures to open it up in Excel.
Normally, Excel will just open a comma delimited file with no trouble and I have other modules exporting data in comma delimited csv files.

Thanks for the revised file but I downloaded and extracted the new widgets.php from here. I copied it over to replace the existing widgets.php file. I then attempted to export the same data but the problem remained.

Did it work for you?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 4 months ago #81720

My bad, I didn't give you the correct version of the file. Here is the correct one.

Attachments:

11 years 4 months ago #82193

Yes. That worked. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds