Entry registration in a module, not component page

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 months ago #81443

I just want to know if it possible to set up Entry registration to occur within a module on a page as opposed to having it as a component page? It doesn't seem like HikaShop content modules can do this out of the box, so is there a way to at least get this to work? I would like to include an entry form on the homepage (which already has a content area) as part of a process to generate a 'quote' for the client based on what they filled into the form, and from there proceed through the checkout process. In order to get this form to be located properly on the page, I'd like to at least have it in a module or through some sort of plugin shortcode in the appropriate position.

I would like to at least be able to set the quantity for the amount of the product ordered, through the entry form. Pretty much, anything set through the entry form gets added as part of the normal details for checkout. If not possible, I can at least work around this, but really the important bit getting the form to appear in a module area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13072
11 years 4 months ago #81706

There is no option in HikaShop to put the form in a module.
There are several extensions for Joomla to display a component as a module. They are listed in that category of the JED :
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...tion/embed-a-include
Here are two of them:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...mbed-a-include/21157
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...mbed-a-include/18121
Now I don't know how they work so I can't say if that will work out for you or not. They are free to use so you can try it yourself.

There is no option to set the quantity of the product for the entry element and no easy way to add it unfortunately.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds