Tabs on product page

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #81454

Hi,

I would like to have the same tabs that are presented on the demo site, under 'personalized layout' on the product page menu link, where you see 3 tabs, Description,Date Sheet , and Guarantee. I have searched the forum, but the few information I found, I did not understand, so I just would like to know the steps to getting what in on the demo site. (I am not a techno wiz).

Thanks !
Karine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25
11 years 4 months ago #81487

You can do it with Tabber

Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xavier, karen_444

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 4 months ago #81590

You can too do it with the show_tabular view of HikaShop. Just edit the tabs content in the view "product / show_tabular".

11 years 4 months ago #81676

I have looked in hikashop and I do not know where the show_tabular is and how it works. I am completely clueless. How can I do it ?

11 years 4 months ago #81685

In HikaShop > Configuration > Display, you have an option "Layout on product page" you can set it to "show_tabular".
Then in HikaShop > Display > Views, edit the view "product / show_tabular" and you will see how the tabs work.

You just have to add a <li> int he menu like "<li><a href="#new_comment"><?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_NEW_COMMENT');?></a></li>" to add a tab.
Then add a div with the id of the href content in the link, like: "<div id="comment"> <!-- your content --> </div>"

The following user(s) said Thank You: karen_444

11 years 4 months ago #81984

Xavier wrote: In HikaShop > Configuration > Display, you have an option "Layout on product page" you can set it to "show_tabular".

I have set "Layout on product page" to "show_tabular" and I can now see the tabs "Comment" and "Post a Comment".

Xavier wrote: Then in HikaShop > Display > Views, edit the view "product / show_tabular" and you will see how the tabs work.

You just have to add a <li> int he menu like "<li><a href="#new_comment"><?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_NEW_COMMENT');?></a></li>" to add a tab.
Then add a div with the id of the href content in the link, like: "<div id="comment"> <!-- your content --> </div>"

When you say "in the menu", I am guessing you mean we should edit the view "product / show_tabular??

For example, to add a tab called "The Author", I have added the following line:
<li><a href="#author"><?php echo JText::_('The Author');?></a></li>
to the show_tabular file. I can now see the new tab.
Then in the product description, I added:
<div id="author"><p>About the author ...</p></div>
- but the new tab does not show the content "About the author ...". (when I click on "The Author", the tab is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Lemon Tree.

11 years 4 months ago #82057

The problem is that the

<div id="author"><p>About the author ...</p></div>
is in the div with the id "description" so it can't work.

what you can do is remove the div "description" in the view "product / show_tabular" and add it in the product description.

11 years 4 months ago #83084

Thanks for the suggestion, but I found it too difficult to understand how to properly modify the "product / show_tabular" file.

I have used the Tabber extension in the past, but there isn't a version for Joomla 3.0 yet, so I installed YTab and that is working fine. :)

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds