Sample data needed for Essential edition

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #81564

I just purchased HikaShop Essential, and installed it in a Joomla 3.0 template. But there is no option to load sample data :( , and I really need some!! Some months earlier, I installed the starter version of Hikashop for testing on another website, and it came with sample data, so it was much easier to get started.

I have looked at your demo site, but it is not Joomla 3.0, so it is not much help; and of course, I am working with your documentation, but it is still too hard without a working sample.

If I deinstall the Essential edition, and install the starter version first (before upgrading to Essential), will I be able to get some sample data?

Thanks

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Lemon Tree.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 4 months ago #81613

Hi,

If you go in HikaShop > products > Import, then select "Import products from text area" click on import in the toolbar, you will have 2 products created.
Then in the Joomla menu, you should see the hikashop default menu here, just assign it a module with a position (Joomla options) and you will have the default menus displayed.

You can too find in the Modules, default modules created to help the new HikaShop users.

Hope this will help you.

11 years 4 months ago #81961

Thanks for the suggestions, Xavier, but I am still struggling and really would prefer to have a fully functioning sample shop. If I deinstall the Essential version, and installer the Starter, will I get a sample shop that way? For Joomla 3.0?

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 4 months ago #81963

Hi,

HikaShop starter does not have more sample data in the package.
It is something that we want to provide (a special package with sample data, which would allow you to have a website like our demo website easily), it is in our TODO list but I can't tell you when we would do it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 4 months ago #81979

Thanks, Jerome for letting me know. It won't be a minute too soon when you get it done B)

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds