Enable variants after selecting an option

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #82405

Hi there!

A question:

My client sells different kind of products (print) with a diversity of options. Based on the variable/characteristics en options options (yes, this sentence is right) I would like to know how:

When you open a product in the shop the customer can choose for paper or canvas. When the customer chooses paper the option for selecting the fixing layer shouldn't be available. When he chooses canvas there should be two (or more) other options he can choose from.

Example:
* Customer chooses paper > no further options possible (the extra options from canvas arent visible!)
* Customer chooses canvas > he should choose from three other options

How can I achieve this?

Thanks,
Dimitri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 4 months ago #82522

Hi,

You cannot do that with options or characteristics.
You can however hide/display custom item fields and achieve the result you want with them. You can create them via the menu Display->Custom fields. Make sure that they are of the table "item".
The only drawback of using custom fields is that you can't change the price of the product based on the selection of the user, but you didn't mention that in your question so maybe you don't need it ?

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #82533

Hi Nicolas,

unfortunatelly a price change is required based on all the options a customer sets. So do you have any other ideas?

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 4 months ago #82765

Hi,

You can create a small product quantity price override plugin in order to modify the price of the product in the cart based on the custom fields selected by the user. You can find documentation on that here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tation.html#override
And an example here:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=214

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds