Image Upload / Path's Not Working

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #84137

I'm experiencing 2 issues with the product image feature.

1. If i upload a full size product image HS creates a thumbnail of the image (smaller than the specified thumbnail size) and when you click on the thumbnail on the product page only the thumbnail image appears in the shadow box. The full size image does not show up.

2. If i type in the path of the full size image to use for a product HS only publishes the default image for 'no-image'. I've tried every possible file path to get the image to publish and nothing works.

The only way to associate an image to a product is to specify the full http://... path in a csv file and upload it. But then i get other problems because the csv upload feature is buggy too.

…but one thing at a time.

Here is a link to an example of the image that HS is creating:

oldskoolgolf.com/index.php?option=com_hi...te-driver&Itemid=258

For some reason HS has also added several of the default 'no-image' images to this product as well.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 4 months ago #84367

Hi,

Could you give us a screenshot of your images configuration ? (HikaShop > Configuration > Files).

11 years 4 months ago #84482

Hi Xavier,

Here is a screenshot of where the product images are located in the website.

screencast.com/t/kUuj16RF

It does not make any difference with how i type the file path into the HS product image field as the image is never able to be found.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 4 months ago #84548

I just tried the link you gave and it looks good.
Clicking the thumbnail open a larger image in a popup. Did you solve your problem?

11 years 4 months ago #84745

I needed to launch the website so i fixed the issue manually. But i cannot continue to do this every time a new product/image needs to be added.

• Thank you received: 4006
11 years 4 months ago #84755

Hi,

It is not possible to type the full path of an image. HikaShop just allows images with a relative path where the base is "media/com_hikashop/upload/".
If the image could not be found, the default "no-image" would be used.

There are few things that I don't understand :
- It is not possible that the thumbnails are smaller than the configured sized, except if the view has been modified and do not use the configuration values with calling the imageHelper.
- If a thumbnail is generated it means that the default images is accessible, so it's not logical that the real sized images is not displayed in the popup.

Info: The popup system would scale down the image if your screen is not big enough.

What do you need to manually do to fix the problem ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Jerome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cluckngood

11 years 3 months ago #88722

Now that i know the images need to be uploaded into the "media/com_hikashop/upload/" directory everything is working well now. I have not tried to use the upload feature again as this was causing the images to only publish their thumbnail. 100x100. Not an issue though as it's easier to upload a batch of images directly to the media folder.

:)

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds