Hikashop Entries

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 3 months ago #84295

Hi and Happy New Year!

I would like to know how the "Entries" part of Hikashop is supposed to work as I can't seem to get it to function. I have set up products and custom fields for those products and put in a menu item for "Entry Registration".

1. How do I get the product details to show on the entry page? (Description, price etc)
  2. When the entry details are entered and the user clicks on "next" it just goes to a message saying the cart is empty. How do I get it to go to the checkout?

I looked at how it was setup in the Hikashop demo store and it seems to do the same things.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 3 months ago #85189

Hi,

First, you need to create custom fields of the table "entry". You will see them on your entry page.
Then, you can create your products and in the entry custom fields, you can select your product in the "Correspond to the product" option.

When you click on "next" in the entry page, the system will post your entry fields selection and based on them will add to the cart or not the products that you have in the "Correspond to the product" option of the fields and finally it will redirect to the checkout. However, if based on your fields options no product is added to the cart, the checkout will redirect back to the "URL where to redirect when the cart is empty" in your configuration and display the message saying that the cart is empty.

You should try to look at our tutorial on entry fields:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/75-entry-listing.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds