Percentage of Total Cart Amount to be paid

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #86604

Good Day,

I have a client who wishes to sell items, but instead of persons paying 100% of the total amount in the cart, he will like his customers to pay only 20% of the amount.

So... let's say... 4 items has a total of $100 ... when the client clicks on pay now the cart or payment plug-in would only generate $20 and send that amount to be paid via paypal

Is there a way to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
11 years 3 months ago #86718

Hi,

You can use product custom fields in order to display another price that the "payable" (and real) price which would be hidden.
You can use a custom payment plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #87268

Hi... would you be able to explain the first option you gave please. Cuz I'm clueless...

• Thank you received: 94
11 years 3 months ago #87362

I think you are going to need a custom payment plugin and perhaps even component addon to handle this cleanly. You will want to not only capture the partial payment, but allow clients to come back and make additional payments until paid in full, send reminders, etc. You might want to document all of your desired requirements and then approach a few web developers for quotes. If/when you do this, please keep us in mind!

Polished Geek - PolishedGeek.com/clients/contact.php

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 3 months ago #87628

Hi there,

The first option Jerome was talking about is to set up a custom field with the price you want to display (real price) and set the product price to what you want customers to pay.
So for example, you will set a custom field to 100 and the price to 20 for a product.
Then you have to hide the real price with css (20) and the customer will only see it during the checkout.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds