Breadcrumbs in HikaShop Content Module

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #87538

Hello I've been trying to find an answer to why my HikaShop Content Module won't show Brand in Breadcrumbs. I have 'Simplified breadcrumbs' set to 'No. This works fine for 'HikaShop » Categories listing' attached to a menu - the Brand DOES show in that menu - but not in the 'HikaShop Content Module'?

My 'HikaShop Content Module' has a menu associated with it, its the same menu mentioned above where the Brand is showing, so I don't understand how to get the 'HikaShop Content Module' showing the brands?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 2 months ago #87712

Hi,

Could you do a screenshot of the HikaShop options of your module and give a link to that page so that we can see the issue ?

11 years 2 months ago #87715

Hi Nicolas,

The link is:

zen.essencestudio.com.au/gary/

You can see on the main page their are golf brands and logos, click on one of these images and you can see the Brand does not show in the breadcrumb.

Then go to 'Product Catalog' in the top menu and then click on one of those brands and you can see the breadcrumbs display properly.

Screenshot of Module here:

zen.essencestudio.com.au/mod.jpg

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by hungrybird. Reason: adding screenshot

11 years 2 months ago #87716
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by hungrybird.

11 years 2 months ago #87884

Hi,

It seems that you have duplicated categories and brands on your website as the brands don't have the same id in the home page and in the product catalog.
That comes from that.
I'm not sure how you configured your categories/brands but it comes from that. I suppose that the categories from the main page are in a main category outside of the parent category of your product catalog menu item and because of that the breadcrumb system cannot make the link between the category select and the main category of the menu and cannot construct the breadcrumb.

11 years 2 months ago #87899

Here is a shot of my categories:

zen.essencestudio.com.au/cat.jpg

Yes I have two Parent Categories 'Front Page Category' and 'Main Catagories' the reason for this is that I don't want all of the 'Main Categories' displaying on the front page of my 'Front Page Category' Hikashop module.

About a month ago I asked on this forum how the best way was to hide some categories you didn't want displayed in a module and the answer I got was I needed to duplicate my categories and have one that shows everything and the other that only shows what I want it to show.

And so now the breadcrumbs doesn't work for the Front Page Category?

Is there no answer to this problem?

11 years 2 months ago #88174

Well, that's because the module is not configured as it should for the breadcrumb to work normally.
You would have to create a category listing menu item with the parent category being your "frontpage main category" and select that menu item in the "menu" option of your module. That way the breadcrumb would be able to associate the category selected with the parent category of the menu item.

11 years 2 months ago #88216

That works fine as far as the breadcrumbs are concerned with Hikashop - however it creates a submenu under my Product Catalog menu item that I don't particularly want?

The Hikashop Content module doesn't contain unique products that my Product Catalog doesn't have, it's simply showing a sample of products - so ultimately it should link to the main catalog without being a sub-menu.

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by hungrybird. Reason: Changes

11 years 2 months ago #88370

You don't necessarily have to have that menu item as a sub menu item of your product catalog menu item.
You can have it in another menu than the "main menu" and it won't show.
However, if you want to link it directly to the product catalog, you won't be able to have a breadcrumb like you want.
In your configuration, the way you used two different sets of categories, it's not possible have both the breadcrumb correct when coming from the module and the menu selected in the module as your product catalog.

11 years 2 months ago #89376

Hi Nicolas,

It sounds like I'm better off just manually adding my logos on the front page and then linking to my Product Catalog in this particular situation. If I was to put a div around my images what class would I give them to get the round corners you have for the categories?

11 years 2 months ago #89634

Hi,

The round corners are added dynamically based on the option. It doesn't use a class.

You should add the CSS in your template:
.myCSSclass{
border: 1px solid black;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
-khtml-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
}

and then you can use the class myCSSclass in your HMTL.

The following user(s) said Thank You: hungrybird

11 years 2 months ago #89777

Thanks Nicolas. That solves the Problem of the Breadcrumbs in this particular case.

However it is a shame that when you set Simplified breadcrumbs to No - just so the breadcrumbs work properly that this has an unfortunate result in the URL and hence a messy result for SEO purposes.

Maybe something to work on for future Hikashop editions.

11 years 2 months ago #90040

I don't see a solution for that unfortunately. In order to be able to generate the breadcrumb, we need to have that category pathway in the URL.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds