Images disappeared from Category listing

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #88672

I am faithful Hikashop user and I have I recommended Hikashop to every one I know who needed a shop.

But after the last updates I have bin having issues.

All my images disappeared from category listing. The images only show directly under the product page. Any very often the images are not re-sized, so they are to large and mix with the quanity field and price.

I have not changed my settings or template, the problems started after update of Hikashop, and the site is running on Joomla 2.5.8.

Hikashop is a great system but it is a pitty that there almost allways are bug with new releases, mayby you should do more beta testing before releasing, so you would have good stable versions.

Kindes regards
Cyrus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #88737

Hi,

All the image system has change, can you try to upload again the images for the products ?

Regards,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

11 years 2 months ago #88745

Oh dear, this is not good....

You should not make such drastic changes, that affects an existing site like this.

I cannot upload all the images again, we are talking about thousands of products....

Do you have any other solution?

11 years 2 months ago #88872

I actually tried to reupload some of the images just for testing, and the problem consists... In category listing there are still no images....

I also tried adding new products, with new images, with the same result...

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #89013

Hi,

When Xavier said that the system as changed, he was not talking about the way that the images are stored.
We always keep a retro-compatibility so there is no problem.

In HikaShop 2.1.0 we have a new gallery system which would allow you to select an image from your HikaShop image folder.
In the product page, you could use the "select" button to select the image instead of upload it.

I think that you have change an option in your listing menu or in your hikashop main configuration.
There are options to display or hide product images from listing.

Please check your listing menu in the HikaShop backend : Display > Content Menu.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #89044

Thanks for the reply,

the problem is not the listing menu, I have cheked this, and configuration is correct and images should be showing. They have bin showing for more than 1 year now. The problem first started after i updated my Hickashop.

I really have cheled my menulisting, modullisting, everything is setup as it shpuld, but still no images.

My images are shown in productpage in frontend and backend, just not in category listing.

11 years 2 months ago #89045

Ok I fixed it.

Under configuration/files the thumbnail option was set to no. Strange that an update should change this setting...

Thanks for you replies guys.

8 years 4 months ago #223793

Hi, on my site after the update to 2.6 my product images won't show in the frontend. I think it relates to this issue.
I get a : failed to load error server response 403 please help. Anyone knows a treat where this has been solved?

• Thank you received: 13082
8 years 4 months ago #223893

Hi,

Before giving a solution, we need to understand the issue because it could come from many things. Please provide a link to the page with the issue so that we can analyze the situation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds