Configuration screen

• Thank you received: 26
11 years 2 months ago #89611

I'm not sure if it's meant to look like this: gyazo.com/5f774d7df31d1c4ce1ee30c33e0cce2f

( i did just upgrade to 2.1.0 too, is there a changelog?)

Found the changelog (was in Documentation)

"For 'same brands' and 'same categories' products listings on the product page, we do not display the current product anymore" - What does this mean?

"Auto linkage of subcategories to submenu items (to avoid duplicate content with two categories listing URLs going to the same page)"
So does that mean the link to a product from say brands - product and categories - product = the same link?

I'm not an expert at this, if i post on your thread i'm doing so with the best of my knowledge and just trying to help :)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by tjharvey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 2 months ago #89646

Hi Tom,

For 'same brands' and 'same categories' products listings on the product page, we do not display the current product anymore

It simply means that if you are on a product page and that there is a product listing somewhere on the page, the product you are looking at will not be displayed in the listing.

Auto linkage of subcategories to submenu items (to avoid duplicate content with two categories listing URLs going to the same page)

This one indeed means that the same link is generated if you are in a product, category or brand listing. It will improve the SEO :)

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Eliot.

11 years 2 months ago #89647

Regarding "This one indeed means that the same link is generated if you are in a product, category or brand listing. It will improve the SEO "

Is it of immediate effect as it doesn't seem to have worked on my own site ( www.uk-leds.com ) But if that's true my SEO rankings will go through the roof!

I'm not an expert at this, if i post on your thread i'm doing so with the best of my knowledge and just trying to help :)

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 2 months ago #89670

If your site is online for a long time the old link are still referenced, but since they won't be visited anymore, it should reduce the number of link and thus improve your SEO.

11 years 2 months ago #89676

Well i still get multiple:

uk-leds.com/Bayonet-Fitting-B22/BC/produ...-60w-equivalent.html
uk-leds.com/Brands-listing/product/17-ph...-60w-equivalent.html
uk-leds.com/product/17-philips-master-le...-60w-equivalent.html

It's the same product :/

www.google.co.uk/search?q=philips+master...0ed&biw=1745&bih=960

However i do rank quite highly for it, it's just duplicate content.

Also i'm feeling slightly stupid, i can't remember how to display "related Products" under a product, i have it on one of my sites, however i can't figure out how to do on my other one, i feel stupid because it's probably something stupidly easy.

Tom

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 2 months ago #89867

Hi,

You have related products on your product page, you just need to add other products as related products of other products. The related products listing module should already be precreated by HikaShop and enabled for the modules under the product page option of the configuration.

The "Auto linkage of subcategories to submenu items (to avoid duplicate content with two categories listing URLs going to the same page)" improvement means that if you have a main menu linked to your main category and sub menus, each one linked to one of the sub categories of the main category, you won't get duplicate links where before you would have.

If you access products listings from different listing modules, if the menu option of the modules is the same in each, you will get the same links.

11 years 2 months ago #89874

nicolas wrote: Hi,

You have related products on your product page, you just need to add other products as related products of other products. The related products listing module should already be precreated by HikaShop and enabled for the modules under the product page option of the configuration.

The "Auto linkage of subcategories to submenu items (to avoid duplicate content with two categories listing URLs going to the same page)" improvement means that if you have a main menu linked to your main category and sub menus, each one linked to one of the sub categories of the main category, you won't get duplicate links where before you would have.

If you access products listings from different listing modules, if the menu option of the modules is the same in each, you will get the same links.

I'm confused, so if the menu option is for example LED Bulb E27, then the product link will be /led-bulb-e27/product, if it was Philips it would be /philips/product right?

Also: "You have related products on your product page, you just need to add other products as related products of other products. The related products listing module should already be precreated by HikaShop and enabled for the modules under the product page option of the configuration."

uk-leds.com/Screw-Bulb-E27/product/1-pha...-20w-equivalent.html
gyazo.com/68a22bc8d6495725d521cd91a8fe2ac2
gyazo.com/78ae4f533866d78e895ec5425fe28fad

I'm really not sure why it isn't working :/

11 years 2 months ago #90072

Not sure if this should be in bug report or how to now :/

But think i may have found it:
gyazo.com/be59825af71e2af55848955b1e591bb3
gyazo.com/c4fb032f231cda60a76963820cbee687

First is wrong second is right, however there isn't an option on the first for related products :/

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 2 months ago #90250

If there isn't, then you need to create it.
Just create the module with the same options as on the second and use it and that should then produce the same result.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds