Possible bug with options after upgrade

• Thank you received: 18
11 years 2 months ago #89648

We are using options to present sizes, colors and material options as suggested in an earlier post:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/77999...ptions-possible.html

Making progress though the option descriptions did not display in the cart so the customer had no opportunity to review what they'd ordered. So I looked at the demo site trying to figure out if there was some configuration option we'd missed, noticed the newer version running so upgraded our site.

Perhaps coincidence, but began seeing a number issues after the upgrade:
On the front-end, multiple messages are displayed "Product is not available"...each product being a product option.
Options presentation has changed on the front-end. Some options now present a single item in a combo box where there should be multiple.
The order of items in the combo box has changed in another product option.

Any ideas as to what may be causing the behavior described?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #89695

Hi,

You have updated to the 2.1.0 ?
The update should not edit the options and the display of the options.
Are you sure that you don't have changed an option recently, or edited the products (stock, variants..) ?

11 years 2 months ago #89711

Yes, the upgrade was to v2.1 last night 2/11/2012.
At the time of the upgrade, I had items in the cart in a front-end session. I had not made changes to any products, was only looking around in the back-end trying to figure out how to include option descriptions in the cart when I noticed an upgrade was available - so installed the upgrade.

After the upgrade, I returned to the front-end / checkout and got several messages:
The product Vinyl Color is not available
The product Mirrored Image is not available
The product Material Type is not available

When subsequently viewing parts using these options, some of the characteristics of the product options are no longer presented - I confirmed they still exist and appear valid otherwise. And one option (size) that does present all the characteristics has change the order of presentation in the combo box.

11 years 2 months ago #89778

On the chance that something had happened to the options and characteristics created, I created a new characteristic with 2 values, a new product using the newly-created characteristic and added the new product as an option to an existing product.

I'm seeing the same behavior, only one of the characteristics is being displayed. Adding the item to the cart yields "The Product (product name) is not available".

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by csymmonds.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 2 months ago #90050

Hi,

We fixed several things related to options and variants with the new release.
First, we fixed the fact that you can't add a free product to your cart if the option "display add to cart button for free products" is turned off.
So if you have free options and that option turned off, the system will display an error message when you add the product with that option selected.
We also fixed the ordering of options values based on the ordering of the values of the characteristics of the options. Before, that wasn't taken into account, so the order was not correct.
Also, with previous versions of HikaShop, variants without stock were displayed when the "display out of stock products" option was turned off and now it isn't.

All that probably explains why you have these changes on your website after the update.

11 years 2 months ago #90129

All our products are "unlimited".
The option "Display 'add to cart' button for free products" is set to "Yes".
We do not have prices set for all product options as some present information on how to fill the order, but doesn't affect the price.

An option created to select a size was sorted numerically by size. Now they're presented in the order:
4"
20"
5"
6"
7"

One of the options we created is essentially a "Yes/No", only the "No" option is presented on the front-end
Another option was setup to present choices "Permanent / Removable", only the "Removable" option is presented on the front-end.

I've verified the SQL is returning all the characteristics and in the correct order, they're just not all presented, and not in the correct order (e.g. characteristic_ordering).

11 years 2 months ago #90257

Please give a complete example on your website with a backend access vi our contact form so that we can look at the problem as we cannot reproduce that problem on our end.

11 years 2 months ago #90374

The data indeed sounds correct.
But the data in the view is missing already some of the variants.

I don't see how that's possible.

I'm afraid that we'll need a FTP access to debug the issue directly on the website.

Could you provide that too please ?

11 years 2 months ago #90779

We fond the issues.

For the Yes/No where the No was missing, it was because no ordering was set for the values and the system didn't handle that properly.
For the wrong ordering, that was a sorting issue for orderings above 9.

I corrected both in the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php on your website and the fixes will be included in next version of Hikashop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: csymmonds

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds