shipping quote at checkout

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #90359

as i cant find an automated solution for shipping freight, i need a shipping quote. on this site raptorengines.com/ you can checkout hit request a quote my boss gets an email checks the shipping cost and returns a price to the customer which they then type in the box and are able to proceed to check out. similar to this www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/69230...-hikashop.html#69405

but not quite. is there a way to do that? as stated in the other thread i need to do this without disrupting the ability of people to check out when ups is an available option.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #90361

i guess this is what zen cart uses www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1224 is there any way to do the same with hikashop? i mean modify the manual shipping method?

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 2 months ago #90664

Hi,

You can create a custom field of the table "order" and of the type "text" with the Business edition so that the user can enter a price in the checkout and then, add the line:
$rates[$k]->shipping_price = (float)$order->custom_field_column_name;

(replace custom_field_column_name by the column name of the custom field)

before the line:
if(isset($rate->shipping_params->shipping_per_product) && $rate->shipping_params->shipping_per_product) {

in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/manual/manual.php and the manual shipping methods will all use the price entered in the field by the user.

11 years 2 months ago #90754

cant afford business at the moment. not possible in the free version?

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #90870

It can be possible in free version, but it will require lot of changes and good PHP knowledge.
Thanks to understand that we can't support this customization.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds