Characteristics limited to three

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #91229

I can only add three Characteristics dropdowns. After I add a fourth the product link causes the browser to hang.

using - HikaShop Essential 2.1.0, Joomla!™ E-Commerce Extension, Joomla! 2.5.9

www.read123.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 2 months ago #91280

Hi there,

I just tried on my end and it's working well.
Maybe the fourth characteristic you are trying to add has an issue. Have you tried with another one?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #91410

hi,

I want to have 10 colour (characteristics), I also need 5 of these to choose five different colours in a pack. From the Variants view I see there are 1000 rows, each a combination of the 10. Now I am not a great mathmatician but it seems as though there are limits on this method.
The fourth option will be 10,000 rows, then 5 will be 100,000 rows, I suspect I will have to wait a while for it to be processed!

Any idea how to offer 5x10 colour options?

Is there a user entry field I can add for the customer to add specifications?

Thanks,

Rod

• Thank you received: 13088
11 years 2 months ago #91532

Hi,

You're not using the correct element for what you want to do. Characteristics can be used when you want to control the price/quantity/etc of each combination of values of the characteristics. That's why the system creates all these variants. And yes, above a few hundred, a normal server cannot handle that much objects for one product.
If you have so many variants, it means that you actually don't want them. You just want the dropdown selections without changing the price/quantity of each combination.
In that case, you have two solutions:
1. Use options. They allow you to add their own price to the product. They are independent from one another so you can have a lot of them on a page without hitting the resources limitations of your server:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
2. Use custom fields of the table "item". You can change the price with them but they are the most lightweight of them. You can have thousands of choices for each dropdown and hundreds of options on the product page with them:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds