Product loads irrelevant variants

• Thank you received: 8
7 years 5 months ago #250399

-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hello,

I'm facing a very urgent issue. I've got an online shop selling towels. Each product has several sizes and several colors. So each product has 2 variant setup in the product page itself and following this, 10-20 variant in the variants sections. My problem is that in the front end I can see many irrelevant variants. Lets say for example that I have 5 colors and 5 sizes but for one of this sizes I have only 2 colors. Even so, in the front end when selecting the size with only two color I will get 5 colors in the drop down. That is VERY wrong.

The site went live last week, it's a big company and they are getting complaints by clients that there are items that can't be added to the cart which are the non existing variants. PLEASE, help ASAP.

Guy.

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by theguy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13021
7 years 5 months ago #250416

Hi,

That's normal. If we were to remove the colors and only display the ones possible for all the variants, you wouldn't be able to select some of the variants of the product with the way you configured the "characteristic method selection".
Change that setting to "list" or "table" in the HikaShop configuration and you won't be able to select impossible combinations of values.

7 years 5 months ago #250509

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your replay.
Changing the setting to "list" or "table" is not an option as the client insists on drop down buttons.
You can understand why having none excising products in the drop down options is a problem and I really need a solution for this. Is there a way to hide this elements?

Guy.

7 years 5 months ago #250540

Hi,

So what you want is to dynamically update the dropdowns when you select something in one of them. There is no option to do that. It will require custom javascript code to be added if you want to do it like that.
You would have to modify the javascript code in administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/characteristic.php
It's not simple as you still need to allow these values to be selectable for the variants needing them.

7 years 5 months ago #250742

Thank you.
I will try to manage.

• Thank you received: 4
4 years 3 months ago #313568

Hi ,
are you going to update variants dropdowns to ajax technology as you did in filtering system in nearest future ?

4 years 3 months ago #313571

Hi,

It is high on our todo list yes.
We actually talked a bit about this and other features for 2020 on this thread:
www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...oadmap-for-2020.html
So you might want to read there for more info.

Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bender

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds