Unusable. Only valid for hobbies

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #50803

I wanted to choose from Joomshopping to HikaShop because Joomshopping is a bit complex in some section and there is not assistance (forum) I've not never received answer to my request/problem.
I choose Hikashop because it seemed well developed but the serious bug that has this component doesn't allow me to use. Probably great for hobby e-commerce or test development but totally inappropriate for professional activities.
I'm very disappointed because I believe to test free version and the to purchase the commercial version , but it's from 1-2 month that I'm spending much time to try to understand as works and setting.
A real shame.

Since I use Jommla I have never given a score of 1 but this time I think I will. I will return to Jooshopping, whereas there are no alternatives

if the developer needs help (Italian translation) I can help (free) but the judgment remains this... unfortunately. And I think to be objective, whereas I would have been the first supporter of Hikashop

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by XMAster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 11 months ago #51154

Well, speaking as a professional... you are wrong.

No CMS or component of a CMS is perfect to every user.

However with a little time invested to understand the framework that it operates within, most things can be managed satisfactorily.

You have reported 'bugs' that others are not seeing. Therefore perhaps you should think that what you are seeing is not bugs, but a poor understanding of your implementation of the tool.

We all have questions at times. Would it not be more useful if you have a problem, to give as much information as possible - screen shots, site access etc - in order to allow others to help you, rather than simply say "this doesn't work".

I had to rewrite some of the VAT functionality because it did not work as *I* wished it to. This didn't make me think less of the component - it just didn't quite meet my specific requirement, so work was required.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #51158

I hope you're joking. Accounts are not arbitrary. If a calculation is wrong, What I say to my customer?
X + Y + 20% = X + 20% + Y + 20%
should be the same.

Sure No CMS or component of a CMS is perfect to every user but an arithmetical calculation be the same for all.

I opened 42 threads/reply (+ screenshot) without getting any results. if something doesn't work I cannot spend 2 months. At this point it's wise to be aware of the limitations and seek other solutions.

My promise is that I will follow the future release of Hikashop, because I believe, but now It's not working as it should.

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 11 months ago #51159

XMAster wrote: I hope you're joking. Accounts are not arbitrary. If a calculation is wrong, What I say to my customer?
X + Y + 20% = X + 20% + Y + 20%
should be the same.

Err... no it shouldn't. But guessing that's a typo on your part :-). I think I know what you mean.

You wouldn't expect to be able to see a car for the very first time and jump into it and drive round a racetrack without a few problems. It sounds like you are trying to do this with Hikashop.

If you really are having problems that no one else is having, then maybe time to invest in some professional service support?

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds