False address without a postcode results in zero

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #56122

Hi Nic
Firstly I'm really impressed with the support for Hikashop and we are definatley moving forward with it as the shopping module for our site.

I did find something interesting just now when i tested the multiple shipping options. I a was testing something i found from the forum that if you didn't enter a shipping weight it would revert to the manual shipping plugin. A good result as we want a few items to be availble only for pickup from the gym we work out of. What i found surprising was that when i entered a postcode of 'testt for the australian post code, for a product that should be shipped the module fell down and gave a zero shipping rate. That does seem quite right. I fully appreciate that I'm learning alot with this module and do like it, documentation needs updating with all the new features as some a missing, but i realiase you only have so much time!

However tested this a couple of times and it does seem odd. If the users enters a non post code they can fool the system into a non postage situation as the australian mail system will not trigger since its an invalid post code. Expanding my thinking is this because i added in manual shipping option from the gym?

I'm really loving Hika shop and will punch again for australian PayMate integration. I ask sincerely as reading the forum you have a huge australian user base.

thanks

dd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 10 months ago #56175

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed, the documentation will need a clean up one of those days :)

The post code is necessary for Aus post. If it's a wrong one, Aus post won't display.
However, unless the manual shipping methods are restricted to a post code range, having a post code or not, valid or not in the address, won't change the display of the manual shipping methods.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds