UPS Plug-in issue

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #70434

Hello,
I had previously reported an issue with the UPS plugin causing a PHP memory overload error. I've found that I can get around that by making the shipping a separate step instead of having all the checkout steps on one page (my host will not increase that limit). However, I now have the issue that nothing at all shows up on the shipping page when I select the UPS plug-in, just a 'Next' button. Let me start with this question- are the UPS access key, USER ID, password, and Shipper Number all required to get the plug-in to work? I'm building this site for a client, so perhaps they have that information, but I wanted to test the ordering process in the meantime. If they are required, that is the problem. If not, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Adam

The website is www.cosmosdogbakery.com

UPDATE Suddenly the same problem is happening on the address step- before, an ajax popup would allow me to enter an address, but now this screen is also blank with just a Next button

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by rockstarnomad. Reason: Problem expanded

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 6 months ago #70535

Hi,

Could you post a screenshot of your checkout configuration ?

11 years 6 months ago #70563

Here you are.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 6 months ago #70566

That's because the login step must be present in the checkout when the address is here, I recommend you to put the login at the same step than the address.
And for the option, "Registration" set it to "no registration"

11 years 6 months ago #70576

I have tried this, but even when I select 'No Registration', the registration fields still appear on that step of the process, not allowing users to checkout as guests.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 6 months ago #70614

I checked your website but I don't see the registration fields anymore (username, password).
I only see the email and the address fields, which are necessary for the UPS plugin.
These allow me to checkout as guest on your website as no user account is created after filling the address form.

11 years 6 months ago #70618

Hi Nicolas,
At one point, when a user came to the address screen, it would be an AJAX-looking white pop-up box where they would fill in their address. There was another box afterward that said 'use same address for billing' that could be checked or un-checked. This is what I want to have. Currently, the 'Address' step is a registration box- I don't want users to be registering, and I want the billing/shipping box to return. Here is a screenshot of the current page that I see. How can I go back to the address pop-up and billing/shipping and not have the registration form?

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #70620

That's not a registration form.
That's an address form.
The text says that you can can just change the text with translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

11 years 6 months ago #70622

OK, I've done some overrides already so that's no problem. However, the shipping screen on the next step is still blank except for the next button.

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #70624

Xavier didn't answer to your question regarding the UPS information but yes, if you don't configure completely the UPS plugin, it won't work and won't display any UPS shipping methods.
So you should fill the options o the plugin if you want it to work.

11 years 6 months ago #70762

So my client MUST have the access key, ID, password, and shipper number? Do they need all 4 of those things? I asked them, and they said their previous website also used UPS but they didn't need that information to calculate the cost. They ship manually, so I don't need the plug-in to create a request to UPS, just to calculate the cost of UPS Ground Shipping from the warehouse location I've chosen. Is it possible?
Thanks!

11 years 6 months ago #70764

Yes, they have to have that to use the UPS plugin.

Their previous website probably had a shipping rates table entered manually. You can do that too with HikaShop by configuring manual shipping methods yourself. But that's a lot of work if the method method has a lot of prices based on weight/zones...

11 years 6 months ago #70768

I will ask them again about the UPS information, perhaps they could create an account if they don't have one. Do you know where I would find manual table numbers like that if I needed to do that?
NEVERMIND, I found it on UPS.com. I will let you know if I have other difficulties, thanks!

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by rockstarnomad.

11 years 6 months ago #70770

You would have to contact your client's UPS client support.

11 years 6 months ago #70771

If they ship by taking the packages to a UPS office, which option would I select in the plug-in for pickup type? Thanks for all your help.

11 years 6 months ago #70788

We're a software company and do not ship anything with UPS. We've developed the plugin so that it works with UPS service according to their specifications. But I don't know what pickup type is for what. You should ask that to UPS too.

11 years 6 months ago #70830

Thanks for your help guys. I think I have everything working properly at the moment. The quick service on the forum is actually the reason I purchased HikaShop. It's a big asset to have quality service.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by rockstarnomad.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds