VAT doubling on checkout issue

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 weeks ago #46451

We've come across a really strange issue with the VAT calculation in shopping cart.
if we add a taxed product to cart, the tax amount is shown correctly.
If we then add a Non taxed product to cart, the tax on the original taxed product actually doubles.
Add another non taxed product and it again adds the original taxed product amount of VAT and so on.
The order total is always correct. It's only the VAT field that shows an incorrect amount.

If however, we first add a non taxed product to cart and then a taxed product, the VAT display is fine..
I'll send you our dev server details to your email if you'd like to see what's going on yourself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 weeks ago #46632

That's something which I think was fixed in the latest version of HikaShop and I can see that you don't have the latest version. Anyway, to fix that I've just turned off the option "display detailed taxes" (you don't need it for what you're selling) in the Display tab of the configuration and it's now displaying it normally.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 weeks ago #46684

Thanks Nicolas. Cant believe the fix was so simple. We literally spent hours banging our heads against the wall trying to diagnose this.
Anyway it now works which is the main thing.

I'd love to be able to update Hika to the latest version but when we tried (several time), it completely destroyed our layout and menus. We cant figure out why.
I sent you an email last week asking if you guys could try to update the 1.5.6 version on our dev server to diagnose the issue. I'm happy to pay for this as I realize it may a problem on our end.
Is there someone I could contact to set up a date/time/cost for this?

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 weeks ago #46699

I didn't got your email.
We can do it for you yes, for a reasonable fee. We would need a back end and FTP access. You can send your request to my colleague jerome at hikashop dot com and he will reply to you for the arrangement.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds