show before tax prices on frontend

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 weeks ago #46755

ok, so i have looked everywhere for this information and can't find a thing regarding this. Basically what I need is for the customer to see the price before tax. I have never seen a online storefront where they show the price of an item with tax included.

Six-toed Design
The Cat's Meow in Design, where you decide how your website looks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 weeks ago #46760

Here is a storefront where the price of items are with the tax included: www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/business.html
That is required by the law in most of the european countries, including France, where we are based.

Regardless, in the Display tab of the configuration, you will find the option "show taxed prices" that you can turn off to have prices without tax on product pages as well as in new product listings that you will create later on. For existing products listings, you will find a similar option in the hikashop options of your menus/modules. You can find the hikashop options screen of your hikashop menus and modules via the menu Display->Content menus/modules.

12 years 2 weeks ago #46763

thanks Nicholas,

I can understand how that is a law in the EU. which I really have no problem with. :)

Here in the U.S. we aren't accustomed to that set up and that being the case I just don't want to confuse customers unnecessarily, especially since we pay tax on the total amount not on a per item basis.

Six-toed Design

12 years 2 weeks ago #46764

That why we have the option ;)

12 years 2 weeks ago #46778

one minor thing though. I got that set but as you can see with it still shows the price after tax on the initial page that loads. it shows it correctly in the details page, but on the main category page it still shows the price with tax included. this is on my testing server so that I can get things set up properly for a client.

Six-toed Design
Attachments:

12 years 2 weeks ago #46892

That's normal. As I said in my previous message, the option in the configuration is only for the product page and NEW menus and modules. For existing products listings, you will find a similar option in the hikashop options of your menus/modules. You can find the hikashop options screen of your hikashop menus and modules via the menu Display->Content menus/modules.

11 years 11 months ago #50577

I have a similar problem and I think I can't really understand the process of setting up menus.

If I understand this correctly, in order to show prices without tax you have two options for NEW menus and each one of them applies to either product page or product listings. This is configured during menu creation by fist saving then going to HikaShop Option in the upper right corner pane and associate the menu with a module that has the tax settings you want.

The other option is when you already have a menu and need to change how tax is displayed, in this case you have identify which module the menu is associated with by going to HikaShop Option in the upper right corner pane - the module will be listed in the lower left corner under Associated Module, the next step is to go to Display --> Content Modules and edit the associated module.

I've done the above but the tax still show when you are actually in the product listing page (where you can add it to the cart).
What am I missing? I want my products not to show the price with tax until the check out process.

11 years 11 months ago #50578

As nicolas stated it will only affect new item entries, I would recommend trying to delete the items that you already had in place and reenter them, I realize this can be a daunting task since a lot of shops have quite a bit of inventory to show, however it won't apply to the products already in the system. if you need further assistance with this feel free to PM me or email me and I will do what I can to help you on this. I got it fixed on my end, now I just need to get the customer implementation done once he is ready to do it.

Six-toed Design

11 years 11 months ago #50643

I see, when he's talking about new, he's talking about new inventory. I thought it was new menus.

It shouldn't be problem as I only have a few test items and the store is not live.

Thanks for the offer to help.

11 years 11 months ago #50671

I'm indeed talking about new menus and modules.
You must be editing the wrong module.
If in doubt, just edit all the products listing modules and menus via the menu Display->content menus/modules and change the option for all of them.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds