*** Bad Bad Bad. Serious bugs. UNUSABLE ***

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 day ago #48535

it's incredible that a component as an ecommerce mistakes to calculate the amounts. It may be good for websites amateur but for professional use, the problem is very serious.

I'm really disappointed because I really believe in the quality of this component and I left JOOMSHOPPING (which has many more variables and is very versatile - but I don't like the layout).
I was thinking to use HIKASHOP which is a good component, but in some cases there is much to be improved.

Returning to the topic, I have a mini shopping cart showing 170 eur

In checkout I have:
Product: 160 eur
shipping 12.60 eur
VAT (8%): 10 euro
Total amount: 182.60 (??)

In this last days I have open other discussion but are still with any answer and I don't think good.

How can I decide to buy Hikashop (Essentia/Business) if free version doesn't work fine?

Sorry but It's from 2 day ago that I'm trying to setup the component and I have don't reached any result

Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by XMAster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 day ago #48537

I got all your messages and since I need to reproduce and analyze the problem I left it on the side while handling other messages as I wanted to look at it over the weekend. Please be patient and remember that this is free support.

PS: I doubt that there is a bug with the calculations but probably just a problem in the way you configured HikaShop since it works fine for everyone else.

Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by nicolas.

12 years 1 day ago #48542

I set the multi-currency, but the change is correct.
I know it is a free support and no one is obliged to answer, but if I have to evaluate the purchase, you understand that it's not nice.

I didn't think having to spending so much time (because the backend is very clean and intuitive) and I'm still testing

12 years 1 day ago #48592

You need to give more information on how to reproduce what you have.

The sum of the different prices in your example matches the total.
The only strange thing is that you apparently have a 8% tax which doesn't correspond to anything. There must be something you're not telling us. What tax configuration do you have ?
What is the price/quantity of your product ?

12 years 15 hours ago #48614

Tax Configuration: VAT 8%
Configuration multi-currency: chf = 1 // eur = 0.84

in checkout
Unit cost: 0,16 euro
Q.ty. = 1001
Tot: 160,16 euro
Shipment: 12,60 euro
VAT: 10,01
Tot. Amount: 182,77

In minicart there is: 170,17 (seems incl. the product price + vat) but:

(160,16 + 12,60)+ VAT 8% = 186,58 and not 182,77.

12 years 2 hours ago #48683

So the VAT is 8%. 8% of 0.16 is 0.0128 which is rounded to 0.01. So the unit price with VAT is 0.17 for your product.
You have a quantity of 1001:
price without VAT : 0.16*1001 = 160.16
price with VAT: 0.17*1001 = 170.17
The tax of each product is 0.01 so the total VAT is 10.01
Then, you have the shipping of 12.60 which you configured as not taxable (you didn't select a tax category in your shipping method I suppose) so you have:
170.17+12.60 = 182.77
So the calculations are correct.

If you want the VAT to also apply to the shipping, you will have to select the tax category in your shipping method.
If you want the VAT to be rounded only after the price without VAT of all the products is summed, you will have to install and publish that plugin and turn off the "Display detailed tax" option in the Display tab of the configuration.
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/26113-us...art=20&lang=ja#46304

11 years 11 months ago #48721

I have check again. But it's wrong
I set VAT to the shipping. You wrote:
If you want the VAT to be rounded only after the price without VAT of all the products is summed, you will have to install and publish That plugin and turn off the "Display detailed tax" option in the Display tab of the configuration.

In display tab I turn off display tax display. Here the new result:

Unit price: 0.19
Q.ty: 1001

Shipment excl. VAT: 15
TAX 8%: 11.21

Total amount: 216.40

I don't understand because I really difficult to make a simple calculation.
Your result is: 216.40

My calculate is:
(0.19 x 1001)= 190,19

190,19 + 15 shipment = 205,19 + VAT 8% = 221,61

221,61 is different from your 216,40. Why?

I usually always multiplied the unit cost for the Q,ty and the tax applied only at the end. Why it's different with you?

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by XMAster.

11 years 11 months ago #48726

There are two ways to calculate taxes. Either you calculate it on the unit price and then apply the quantity, or you do the opposite, like you want. By default HikaShop do the first option
It's more logical for customers who don't understand why a product priced at 0.17 with taxes, if bought with a quantity of 1000 does not give a total price of 170.

Did you install and publish that plugin as I told you to do ? That will allow the calculations to be done like you want.
Also, please change the option "Show detailed taxes" as I said, not the "Show taxed prices" option, which is something else.

The VAT on shipping and on products is calculated separately as, depending on your laws, shipping might or might not be taxable, or might be taxable at a different rate than your goods.

11 years 11 months ago #48730

I did as you said but I still don't understand why your component gets the wrong results.
If the tax is calculated on the unit cost or total cost, the result should not change and instead here is different.

It's incredible to discuss about this ((additions and multiplications). Calculations should be very simple and obvius.

11 years 11 months ago #48731

It's NOT the wrong results.
It depends on your laws and how you configure HikaShop.

I don't see how I can explain you differently that a product costing 0.17 with taxes can cost 170.17 if you buy 1001 units of it. It sounds logical to me. Sure, in your case, you want to calculate the taxes after summing the unit price, but it's not how most users want it. I gave you the solution to do it. Just do it and it will calculate like you want.

11 years 11 months ago #48734

ok ...
Can you explain me this calculation?

Unit cost: 0,19 (excl vat 8%)
Q.ty: 1002
Total: 190,38
Shipment 15 (excl. vat 8%)
VAT 8% = 11,22 (calculated on amount?)

TOTAL = 216,60

Because to me results = 221,81

• Thank you received: 6
11 years 11 months ago #48756

Why would you immediately suspect there is an issue with Hikashop? it works fine for thousands of other people!. It seems to me that you have just not setup your shop correctly

11 years 11 months ago #48771

I consider the objective facts. The amount is not correct and there is no much to configure. Only the tax and shipping charges. Nothing more.
I asked if someone can explain to me why the system returns the result above.

Unfortunately, I never thought of being stuck for nearly a week on wrong amounts. If I made a mistake, tell me where. I don't know where and what to look for ....

11 years 11 months ago #48780

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 11 months ago #48800

Surely you are just seeing the rounding of buying many thousands of products.

A single product costing 0.16 Euros at 8% VAT gives 0.0128. This is rounded to 0.01. This gives a total of 10.02 Euros and is correct under that method.

When considered against the total it is not correct due to that rounding.

Guess it depends on the accounting rules of your country and what your order quantity for small value item will typically be.

You can change to calculate on the total value of the cart which is what I would do in the UK in such a case.

However a title of ***Bad Bad Bad. Serious bugs. Unusable *** is hardly appropriate. Why not just ask how to change the calc based on total cart value?

11 years 11 months ago #48802

0,16 + 8% = 0,1728
0,1728 x 1002 = 173,1456 (approx. 173,15)

About the screenshot, how is possibile that with different currency, VAT amount is always the same? Wrong ..but the same.
Is there a solution?
Usually VAT is applied at the end, as layout of checkout

11 years 11 months ago #48803

Anyway this is a big problem because a customer might complain if he check the same calculation with a calculator. The amount is different.

Mathematical calculus has only one result

11 years 11 months ago #48804

Can you explain me this calculation?

Unit cost: 0,19 (excl vat 8%)
Q.ty: 1002
Total: 190,38
Shipment 15 (excl. vat 8%)
VAT 8% = 11,22 (calculated on amount?)

TOTAL = 216,60

0.19 with 8% of tax, that's 0.20
0.20 * 1002 = 200.4 (total products price with taxes)
15 with 8% of tax, that's 16.2
200.4+16.2 = 216.6 so that's correct.

If you want the VAT to be applied at the end, deactivate the "show detailed taxes" option in the configuration and install and publish the plugin I talked about in a previous post and it will calculate like you want.

Regarding the currency bug, that was fixed one month ago:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/4...ion-error.html#44809
Did you download HikaShop before maybe ?
In that case, just download it again, install it on top of your current version and it should solve the problem.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds