Product Listing Showing Only Change Amount

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #10378

On my website, when looking at the product listing, the product I am selling is supposed to be 9.50 but when you look at the product from the product listing page it is .50 cents and then you click on it and its 9.50. Why is the product listing page only showing the cent value of the item?

I can paste a link if you would like, currently the website is not ready for public viewing so I have it turned off.

scentsational.co/index.php?option=com_co...cle&id=70&Itemid=487

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by petrocksa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13083
13 years 1 month ago #10408

The problem seems to come from something else on your website which process the content of articles and try to transform the variables into their corresponding values. Since in PHP a variable starts with a $ and that your prices are like this: $9.74 the $9 is interpreted and replaced by a value. But since it doesn't exists, it just removes it.
There are several solutions to the problem:
1. move your module outside of the article and display it on your template (you can always restrict its display to only one page if that's what you want).
2. disable the plugin/extension which does that. I couldn't find it though.
3. just edit your currency and change the option "Symbol and positive value space separation" to yes. That way, the prices are displaying like this : $ 9.74 and they are not interpreted anymore.

I applied the third option on your website thanks to the access you provided us and the problem is gone.

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds