No translation showing

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 week ago #14773

Hi!

Im having some problems with showing translation in front end. Im using joomla 1.6 and there is no Slovenian language pack jet. That is not a problem because i only needed to translate things like: the cart is empty, the content of registration emails...

I overrode the English file (configuration/languages). It was app. 100 lines and it worked perfectly yesterday but today the text is only in English (as in original). In hika config. under languages the override lines are still showing and there is a file en-GB.override.ini on the server under (language/overrides).

Like i said the language that is showing is english. I havent adjusted any language settings today, only installed some SEO plugins for joomla. Do you have any idea what is wrong here or what should i do.

tx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 1 week ago #14787

Hi,

Which version of Joomla 1.6 are you using ?
They actually changed the translations handling between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 and that might explain why you don't get the same result if you updated your joomla.

Also, please try to redownload and install hikashop on top of your current version. We found about that problem yesterday and generated a new build of HikaShop 1.4.9 with some modifications to avoid the problem.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 days ago #14872

Im using joomla 1.6.1, from the start and i haven't updated it since. I have also reinstalled Hikashop and the translation still doesnt work. I could edit the .ini file itself but that is messier and not that flexible.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 6 days ago #14882

Do you have the FTP layer activated in the joomla configuration ? If it's activated, you could try to deactivate it and try again or vice versa...

Also, you could try to manually create the "overrides" folder under the language folder of your website and in it a file en-GB.override.ini with the permissions set to 777 via FTP. That should allow hikashop to load the override file in the interface and save your content in it.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds