**SOLVED** Add to Cart Button Text Truncated

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #19478

Hi - System information: HikaShop Starter 1.5.1, Joomla 1.6.3, PHP 5.3.6

New installation with three categories, and one product in each. When I drill down to a product in the frontend, and then click on the product, the 'Add to cart' button appears as shown in the attached image.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by BoardBoss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
12 years 10 months ago #19483

That's not a problem in HikaShop but in the way your template style the buttons. It uses an image or a fix width which results in that problem.
You have several solutions:
1. Change the text to make it fit in the button. You can do that in the tab Languages of the configuration of HikaShop by editing your translation file.
2. Modify your template's button styling so that it works properly.
3. Change your template
4. Change the option "button style" from the tab Display of the configuration of HikaShop from "normal" to CSS. That will use the HikaShop custom CSS for buttons instead of your template CSS styling.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #19490

Hi - Thanks for the prompt reply. Nice catch. :)

It is interesting to note that I have used this particular template dozens of times in Joomla 1.5 without issue; however, the version I have installed is for Joomla 1.6, so I will pass this along to the template author.

To correct this situation in my case, I simply widened the image and corresponding CSS in the tempalate, which was option 2 in your list of suggestions. Again, it is a mystery why HikaShop does this when I use this template. I tried using option 4 in your list, but the style changed so dramatically to a two-toned yellowish color that was in a square container, and that did not look good.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds