Shipping Method Wrong on Customer Email

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 8 months ago #116323

Hi guys, we're experiencing a problem when a customer places an order. The "Order Creation" email that goes to them is replacing their Shipping Address with their Billing Address. This is only happening on the order creation email. I looked at the code and it looks right, but it doesn't seem to be working. We had 6 customers contact us this morning about the issue. I downloaded update com_hikashop_business_2.2.0_2013-07-25.tar, but can't install it until 2am - 3am. I wasn't sure if this update had a correction for this problem in it or not. Let me know what you find. Thanks guys :)

Hugs,

Natalie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 8 months ago #116357

Hi Nathalie,

You can indeed try to install the last version but I don't think it's something we already encountered.
However, could you please check your emails in System>Emails and check that you didn't modified anything there which could be causing this issue?

10 years 8 months ago #116364

Hi Eliot, I checked the system email and haven't made changes to that file for a very long time. This just started happening in the last week or so. I just tested it out 2 or 3 times from a test user account and got the same results.

I also installed the upgrade earlier before testing it.

10 years 8 months ago #116446

Well, if you didn't installed anything or changed your configuration, the issue cannot come from our end.
You probably changed something in the main configuration or started using something special.
To me, it can only come from the email itself, try to save our custom email and replace it with the original one, it will help us to know if the issue in indeed coming from your modifications.
Also, did you modified anything in the custom fields? It may come from there since addresses are custom fields.

10 years 8 months ago #116524

Which file is the original email in? I have backups from before the install and I can compare the files. Thanks Eliot :)

Hugs,

Natalie

10 years 8 months ago #116553

Hi Guys, which files control the system emails?

10 years 8 months ago #116566

You can found the original emails in media/com_hikashop/mail (or media/mail in a Hikashop package).
About the files which control it, there are multiple. You can start by the class class/mail.php (in the package). But I doubt that the issue come from this.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #116769

i have exactly the same problem, how have you solved it?
And another thing is that CUSTOMER_EMAIL in the mail that goes to the admin is wrong (it shows the "shop"-mailadress?)
I use the latest stable version of HikaShop Business: 2.2.0 in german.
please, can you help
thx, peter

10 years 8 months ago #116809

Hi guys, I'd posted the issue under the "How to" section and it looks like it's an issue that they're working to fix now. Check out post www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/85912-system-email-files.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds