Add address pop up window doesn't close

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #2595

For some reason my pop-up add address doesn't close. I have no registration selected in my config. If someone had registered at another time, and come to the site to login, after selecting the product they receive the New Address field and button. The pop-up form comes up. After you fill out the form, the pop-up window doesn't close, nor does the page refresh showing the newly added form. I remember it doing it before. I tested your demo and it does work right. Since I have changed a lot of different views, I now don't know what I have done to stop this window not closing and page refreshing. Would you happen to know what I may have done to stop this pop up. I had changed the form view by just adding styles to the submit button, but I clicked on the trash to go back to the original form, but it still doesn't take.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 3 months ago #2598

The address popup won't close if some of the data is not valid. For example, if you have a VAT number field and that you have the "check vat number" option active in the configuration, if you enter a wrong VAT number, it won't let you proceed. However, it should display you an error message in the popup in such case.
What is your website URL already ? We might be able to tell you more by looking at it.

13 years 3 months ago #2613

I went back and filled out the form again. I was forgetting a pull down that was necessary, but if that does happen, the form fields in which I filled in don't remain, and I have to refill the whole form again. Shouldn't the form fields that I input stay?

The add to cart is here:

shesuccessconference.com/index.php?optio...t&view=article&id=81

it will transfer you to check out.

13 years 3 months ago #2614

I also noticed instead of the system using the javascript as it's alert to not filling out a form field, it uses the Joomla show message. Is there a way that it can use the javascript validation? I think this is the reason why I never clued in to what was going wrong. If that was active, then the form fields would retain themselves, yes?

13 years 3 months ago #2615

The form should indeed use the javascript check. That's why the form is not filled back by the system since you shoudln't leave the page thanks to the javascript check.
The javascript doesn't work because there is a javascript error on the page:
MooTools.upgradeLog is not a function

Could it be related to that? : forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=539120
Also, switching off the joomla mt-upgrade plugin might fix the problem...

13 years 3 months ago #2626

Unfortunately I cannot turn off the MooTools upgrade as I need it to run the clock count down ticker. If mooTools is back to basic the clock doesn't show up. Wonderful JQuery MooTools conflicts. Looking at the source code I think I found what is happening. On my basic page just the <script type="text/javascript" src="/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js"></script> loads, but when the pop up comes up this <script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script> comes on too. This other one must be the 1.12 and is the conflict. I have no idea how to get rid of this extra mootools.js to see if that is what is happening. Is there any way to not have this pop up and have the standard page open up or refresh?

13 years 3 months ago #2627

Could you try to replace the code

JHTML::script('mootools.js', JURI::base(true) .'media/system/js/');
by the code
JHTML::_('behavior.mootools');
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/address/view.html.php ? hopefully, that will enable the system to pick the good mootools file

13 years 3 months ago #2632

Tried it doesn't work. The multi-grade is the only one that shows now however. Something my client is getting that I don't get is the popup window doesn't go away. It loads a page in the window instead. Here are their comments:

logged in using my details and attempted to purchase a Silver ticket.
I clicked on "New" and filled in the popup form.
When I clicked on "Submit" I got the attached page showing the double entries for all the packages. See attached screen grab.

Next I cleared the cart and went back to the Experiences & Packages page.
Clicked on Gold Add to cart
This took me to the page you have changed.
This time I clicked on Purchase Now (as the address details are there many people might select this option)
This took me to the same double entries page - screen grab.

Because I do not have the new Internet Explorer 8 I can't see if there is a conflict here.

I think keeping everything on the checkout page rather than using this pop up may be a better solution. It seems to be causing a lot of problems.

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #2637

I don't have the mootools error anymore when opening the popup so that js error is fixed.

However, I see another js error on your pages:
t is null
[Break on this error] t.parentNode.replaceChild(s, t);
in the swfobject.js file which is in your template.

13 years 3 months ago #2639

I have removed the swfobject.js from that page now, but the saga still continues. No java validation

My other problem is my clients problem where after submitting that form, the shop page loads in their pop up screen, or after the the address has been entered, and they click on Purchase Now, the shop page loads, not the PayPal pass through. Do you get those errors?

Also on the PayPal pass through page, no button exists. On my Mac I pass through, but there use to be a button. My front end CSS is set to none as I am using my own CSS.

I know you don't want to do this as I would have probably used the pop up windows as well as they are the new thing to do, but I think there should be either the option to show that address form in a pop up or on your page

13 years 3 months ago #2641

First thing: I didn't say that we don't want to have the address editable on the page without popup. It's just that it takes time to do such modification. We are not against it. It's just that we have a lot more features to do before modifying something which is already working :)

For the js validation, we are almost there. It seems that on top of those JS errors, you found a bug in HikaShop. Could you change the code

echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('OK'),'ok',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('address&task=save'),'document.forms[\'hikashop_address_form\'].submit(); return false;','style="float:right"');
by the code
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('OK'),'ok',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('address&task=save'),'if(hikashopCheckChangeForm(\'address\',\'hikashop_address_form\')) document.forms[\'hikashop_address_form\'].submit(); return false;','style="float:right"');
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/address/tmpl/form.php near the end.

I can't replicate the bug your client is describing. Not on Firefox, not on Google Chrome and not on IE8.

Finally, for the paypal button: it usually takes time for the browser to retrieve the button which is on the paypal website and the page is usually redirected before the button image is loaded by the browser.

13 years 3 months ago #2648

Sorry, for my statement. It is great to hear that in the future this may be added. Your code worked like a charm. Funny thing was, when I put in that code an refreshed the page, the page with the double amounts that my client was seeing in the pop up window showed up on the refreshed page. Which is weird because that page doesn't really exist anymore. I changed it. Oh well, I will ask my client to see if it now works properly. Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds