This screen enables you to edit the payment method options. Payment methods will be filtered on checkout based on the zone you set for them, if any. Then, they will be displayed to the user for him to choose which payment method he prefers for his order.
Note that the payment method can probably support only a limited number of currencies.
- Save & Close : Save the payment method options and return to the payment methods Management screen.
- Save : Apply the modifications to the payment method and stay on the same screen.
- Cancel : Return to the previous screen without saving the modifications.
- Help : This button enables you to turn ON/OFF the help section, this screen will appear or disappear.
If you use one of our commercial versions, you will be able to enter the name and description in different languages. This feature requires to have joomfish installed and can be activated in the configuration page, in the display tab. The languages available will be the ones in joomfish. If you don't enter something for a translation, it will just use the default information in the Main information tab instead. After you click on save or apply an additional publish icon will appear next to the fields where you entered something in the languages tabs so that you can easily enable or disable them. The default publish status can also be changed in the configuration page of HikaShop.
- Published : This option allow you to publish or not the payment method.
- Images : Select here the desired images to display for this payment method.If you want to add additional images, you can upload them via FTP to the folder media/com_hikashop/images/payment of your website and you will then be able to select them in that option.
- Price : You can set the payment fee in this field, and select the currency of the fee.
- Percentage : The percentage allow to define a payment fee depending on the total cart price.
- Currency : This option allows you to restrict PayPal to only some currencies. Note that on top of that, the PayPal method won't display for any currency not supported by PayPal.
- Paypal API URL : The url to which your users are redirected to for the payment. This should not be changed unless you know what you are doing.
- If you want to use the sandbox, you will have to configure your sandbox account on PayPal sandbox website, then, in your sandbox account, you will have to add a buyer and a seller and finally, you will be able to set the seller account of your sandbox account in the paypal plugin options and change the URL in these options to use the sandbox URL: https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
- The default URL for the production is: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
- Your paypal email address : The email you used to register your paypal account on which you will receive the payments from your customers. It is labelled as PayPal "Customer Service" email in your PayPal merchant account settings.
- Customer address : If you want, you have the possibility to include the billing or shipping address of your customers to the paypal payment engine. That will avoid them the hassle of reentering it on paypal if they don't already have a paypal account. That option is turned on by default.
- Address override : If activated, the address specified during the checkout overrides the PayPal member’s stored address. Buyers see the addresses that is passed to PayPal, but they cannot edit them. PayPal does not show addresses if they are invalid or omitted.
- No shipping: Based on that option PayPal will display the shipping address form or not:
- 2 Required -> prompt for shipping address, and require one
- 1 Yes -> do not prompt for shipping address
- 0 No -> prompt for shipping address, but do not require one
- Allow payment notifications from PayPal : That option should stay on unless you don't want that PayPal confirms automatically the orders on your website so that you can do it manually yourself.
- Send details of the order : If activated, all the details of the order will be sent to PayPal. If deactivated, only the full amount of the order will be sent to PayPal.
- Enable authorization mode : If activated, the payments won't be processed by PayPal but put "on hold", waiting for you to validate them manually.
- Debug : You can activate the debug mode of the paypal payment plugin. If you do so, informations about each notification received from paypal will be logged in the payment log file. You can see and modify the location of this file in the configuration page of HikaShop
- Cancel url : The url you want your users to be redirected to when they cancel the order from the paypal interface. By default, they will be redirected to the first step of the checkout process.
- Return url : The url you want your users to be redirected to when they finish their payment on the paypal interface. By default, they will be redirected to the after_end page of the checkout process which will thank them for their order.
- Paypal header url : You can set here an url for a banner image which will be displayed on top of the payment page on paypal. Note that the image height should not be more than 120px.
- Paypal IPs : A list of IPs from which notifications will be processed. It doesn't mean that notifications coming from those IPs are validated automatically. All notifications are automatically validated onto the paypal payment gateway to ensure that the notifications comes from paypal. This is just an additional security measure. Paypal might change or add IPs without notification. When your server receives a notification from another IP than those, you will receive an email automatically to your payment notification address informing you. You can refresh this list by clicking on the link below. If paypal really added new IPs you should see them appear here. Otherwise, if you are sure that the IP from which the notification came from is a valid paypal IP you can add it to the list manually. If the notification came from someone else, it might be an attack attempt (if the payment has not been received on your paypal account for instance), in which case you can ignore it as the system blocked it. Finally, you can always disable this feature by removing all the IPs in the list and saving the paypal payment method options. You will always be able to retrieve the paypal IPs later on to reactivate the feature.
- Invalid status : Here, you can select the status to set to an order if the plugin receives a notification from paypal for an order with an amount different from the order total or in a different currency. In that case, we highly recommend you to check your paypal account, the order information, and maybe contact your customer, and decide yourself what to do with the order.
- Pending status : Here, you can select the status to set to an order if the plugin receives a pending notification from paypal for an order. A pending notification means that the customer entered his payment information but that paypal could not yet receive the funds. In that case, we highly recommend you to check your paypal account, the order information, and maybe contact your customer, and decide yourself what to do with the order.
- Verified status : Here, you can select the status to set to an order if the plugin receives a successful completion notification from paypal for an order.
- Return method : In some cases, like when you have troubles receiving payment notifications from PayPal, you might need to disable that option. However, most of the time, you should leave that option turned on.
- Zone : You can restrict the check payment method to a zone. By clicking on the edit icon, a popup will open enabling you to select a zone. You can also remove this limitation by clicking on the delete icon.
- Shipping method : With this option you can select the shipping method for which this payment method will be available. For example, if you choose UPS, this payment method will only be usable if UPS is selected as shipping method. If an other shipping method is selected, this payment method will not be displayed. Note: if you selected "None" or don't select any shipping method, this payment method will always be available.
- Currency: Choose the currencies allowed by this payment method.
- Minimum price : The payment method can be available for only orders above a minimum price. This price uses the payment method price currency even if the price is 0.
- Maximum price : The payment method can be available for only orders below a maximum price. This price uses the payment method price currency even if the price is 0.
- With tax : Display the payment method only for products with tax.
- Minimum quantity : If the order has a price lower than the price set in this field, so this payment method will not be available.
- Maximum quantity : If the order has a price upper than the price set in this field, so this payment method will not be available.
- Minimum weight : You can set a minimum weight so that orders below it won't be able to be paid with the current payment method. The weight of the order will be calculated based on the weight of each products in it.
- Maximum weight : You can set a maximum weight so that orders over it won't be able to be paid with the current payment method. The weight of the order will be calculated based on the weight of each products in it.
- Minimum volume : You can set a minimum volume so that orders below it won't be able to be paid with the current payment method. The volume of the order will be calculated based on the volume of each products in it. The volume is calculated with the width, height and length of the products.
- Maximum volume : If the order has a volume upper than the price set in this field, so this payment method will not be available.
- Prefix : You can restrict your payment methods to only post codes including such prefix with this option.
- Minimum post code : You can restrict your payment methods to only post codes within a certain range whereby this is the minimum possible value
- Maximum post code : You can restrict your payment methods to only post codes within a certain range whereby this is the maximum possible value
- Suffix : You can restrict your payment methods to only post codes including such suffix with this option.
The ACLs are available in the business edition of HikaShop.
- None : When "none" is selected, the payment method will never be displayed.
- All : "All" allow you to display the payment method for all the type of users. All groups are allowed to pay via this payment method.
- Custom : Here you can select which groups can use this payment method. All the checked groups will be able to use this method.
If you have issues with PayPal payment method, you can find documentation here: Paypal payment issues.