This screen enables you to manage all your custom fields. In HikaShop, you will be able to manage custom fields for the customer information, his addresses information, categories information, products information, article information and order sinformation.
With the address custom fields, you will be able to personalize the information you can gather from your customers for each of their addresses. There are already custom fields available for the address so that you can easily tweak them for your needs. This is available in all versions of HikaShop.
With the user custom fields, you will be able to personalize the information you can gather from your customers when they register while on the checkout process. For example, if you want to know their birthday, you can add a custom field for that. Then, thanks to the integration with AcyMailing, you will be able to send automatic emails to them based on their birthday. This is only available in commercial versions of HikaShop.
With the category custom fields, you will be able to personalize the information for your categories. Your potential customers will be able to see those on the products and categories listings if you choose to display them there. This is only available in commercial versions of HikaShop.
With the product custom fields, you will be able to personalize the information for your products. Your potential customers will be able to see those on the product page. Also, with the filtering module, which will be available in a later release, your customers will be able to filter your products using filters based on those custom fields. This is only available in commercial versions of HikaShop.
With the item custom fields, you will be able to personalize the information you can gather from your customers when they order something on your store. The custom fields will appear on the products page where you will be able to ask the user information related to the product he wants to buy. It's useful when you sell personalized goods like for example a shirts selling website where the customers can upload an image to be printed on the shirts. This is only available in the business version of HikaShop.
With the order custom fields, you will be able to personalize the information you can also gather from your customers when they order something on your store. But the difference with the previous type of custom field is that these fields appear on the checkout in the fields view. For example, You can ask them information about the delivery or the payment or a "comments to the shop" field. Then, you will find this information on the order details and/or the orders listing on the back end. This is only available in the business version of HikaShop.
- New : Enables you to create a new custom field.
- Edit : Select a custom field and then click on this button in order to edit its information.
- Delete : Select one or several custom fields and click on this button in order to completely delete them. You can't delete core custom fields which are the custom fields there by default. You can however unpublish them. When you delete a custom field, the column in the table is removed along with all the data in it.
- Help : This button enables you to turn ON/OFF the help section, this screen will appear or disappear.
- Control panel : You can go back to the control panel using this button.
# : An indexing number automatically assigned for ease of reference.
- Checkbox : Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click on the delete button in order to delete the selected custom fields.
- Table : The type of custom fields. It will be either address, user, product or order. It is more precisely the name of the table where the custom field column is added.
- Column name : The name of the column in the table. You should avoid as much as possible special characters for the column name.
- Label : The label of the field. You can translate it via joomfish. Note that core custom fields should be translated via the translation file of hikashop so that everyone can benefit of the translations. In the translation file you will find them by searching for the english label which will be uppercase and spaces replaced with _. For example, you will find "Middle name" with the key MIDDLE_NAME in the translation file. You can edit the translation files of HikaShop in the configuration page of HikaShop, under the tab languages.
- Field type : The type of the custom field. That will enable you to decide how you want to show your custom field (as a dropdown, or as an input box or as a text area, etc). Based on that you might have additional options when editing the fields.
- Required : This will define whether the field needs to be filled in forms. If required, the system won't allow the creation or the change of an address (or a product or a user) as long as the field is not filled.
- Order : The order will define the position of fields on forms.
- Front end : If set to yes, address and user customer fields will be used during the checkout process to ask more information about the customer. Product custom fields will be displayed as specifications on the product page.
- Back end Form : If set to yes, you will be able to change this information on the back end. Usually it should be always yes.
- Back end Listing : If set to yes, the value of the field will be displayed as an additional column on listings on the back end. Note that this only applies to user and product custom fields.
- Published : If a custom field is published it means that it will be used by the system, otherwise, it won't be taken into account.
- ID : This field indicates the ID of the custom field.