Text on image float over

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #11247

Hello

Is it possible to make the image title / description appear on floatover of the image?

Thanks
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
13 years 1 month ago #11248

Hi,
It might be possible with some CSS. Could you give more information regarding what you want to do ?
Do you have a link to the page where you want that ? What kind of float over would you like (maybe you could upload an image of what you want?)?

13 years 1 month ago #11266

Hi Nicolas

The site is www.nazarethgifts.co.uk/

I would like a short piece of text to appear on mouseover of an image. When I add an image there is the option to add a description, and it is this description that I would like to appear.

So, on the Pamper page, for example, as I look at the products, I want to be able to mouseover and read the brief description without having to go to the individual product page.

Thanks
Mark

• Thank you received: 13068
13 years 1 month ago #11270

To do that, please go in the menu Display->Views and edit the file listing_img_title of the view product of your template. There, change the line:
<a href="<?php echo $link;?>">

to:
<a href="<?php echo $link;?>" title="<?php echo $this->escape(strip_tags($this->row->product_description)); ?>">

13 years 1 month ago #11271

Brilliant! Thanks! Have just upgraded that site to HikaShop Business too :)

11 years 2 months ago #88574

Works great! Is there a way to truncate this text so that it shows only the part of the description before the readmore tag?

Thanks!

FOUND THE ANSWER:
<a href="<?php echo $link;?>" title="<?php echo $this->escape(strip_tags(preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$variant->product_description))); ?>">

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by jakabistvan.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds