Sales Tax by Shipping Location

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #39055

If I remember correctly, your website is takeupyourcrossonline.com

But I can't access it with that user account. Please double check it.

(pleasedo not post several times the same message)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #94918

Just an FYI here Nicolas,

All other eCommerce systems have a feature for this available to their users. Although these mods or add-on's are not traditionally free, they are not extremely expensive. Furthermore, they have been designed by developers from within the U.S.A. and that is why I had to unfortunatley switch to another eCommerce system as the time involved in the configuration of HikaShop for the taxes was extreme. I hated to leave it though because is such a well thought out system and works within my Joomla! site (unlike now where I have to link out to my store).

A side note about product options: this feature is standard with the more popular eCommerce solutions that are Open Source systems. The only additional add-on (for a fee) regarding options is when a user needs to configure dependent options. Maybe you can find a way to at least make simple options an integrated part of all versions of HikaShop.

Still, very good work and I keep checking to see how it is progressing so that maybe I can return to using it when all of the elements that I need come together.

11 years 1 month ago #94930

Thanks for the feedback.
It's on the todo list.

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 10 months ago #107535

HI. I see this post was over a year ago but I am trying to accomplish the same thing in Florida but stumped. I've followed the instructions in this post and although my county list is showing up my state list isn't on the front end. However, on the backend I see the list with counties and states. I renamed address_country to state and I've renamed address_state to county.

10 years 10 months ago #107557

Please provide screenshots of your tax rules and of your states/counties zones

10 years 10 months ago #107597

HI and thanks for the response. I have taken snapshots and attached of what you asked for plus...At this point my head is spinning :-). I feel like i am a mouse in a maze trying to find the cheese! Can you help me find the cheese?

Thanks,

Additional info: Before we created another zone (countries), since we are using the original country as state we couldn't even get the state list to populate on the backend in the custom fields. However it still does not appear on the front end as per my original screenshot. If i unpublish my new countries zone then I can't even get the backend state list to populate. I am sure it's something we have done wrong.\

I can give you access if you want.

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by miracleecho.

10 years 10 months ago #107881

Hi,

I can see several problems actually.

1. There is no need to modify the custom fields.
Please revert their "zone" value to the default.

2. You should not create tax zones.

3. In the zone field of your tax rules, you should have a county selected, not the whole florida or the tax will apply to all the customers of florida.

What you need to do:
a. unpublish all the countries.
b. change all the US state zones' type to "country" instead of "state".
c. create new zones for each county of florida and set their type to "state".
d. edit the florida zone and add all the county zones as sub zones of florida.
e. In each tax rule, select the corresponding county in the zone field.

The following user(s) said Thank You: miracleecho

10 years 10 months ago #107948

Thanks so much. It is making much more sense now. We will try and let you know. I will create a video of this for people because it can be very confusing.

10 years 10 months ago #108113

Nicolas - You are can I say "Awesome" those instructions worked like a charm and we now have successfully added the counties and taxes are being applied correctly. Thanks Again!

10 years 10 months ago #109943

Hi again. We ran into an issue with people purchasing from within Florida. Although the FL taxes are being applied correctly now the problem comes when you try to pay through the paypal pro gateway; we get this error: Error 10745: This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid country code in the shipping address.

This only happens when the address is in Florida. We have tested out of State addresses and they go through with no problem. Thanks.

I've had to turn standard paypal on for now so we can process orders but I really need PayPal Pro. I've also tried a PayFlow Pro and get the same error. This gateway I had developed for another customer, which works great for them and they are also in Florida. Is there a way you can check under our hood?

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #110015

Hi,

Have you set a restriction in your Paypal pro payment method ? A restriction on a zone ?

10 years 10 months ago #110072

No restriction on paypal pro but we do have the United States as a restriction for the shipping zones.

I removed the restriction but still get the same error.

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by miracleecho.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 10 months ago #110233

Hi,
Can you give me a temporary access to your back-end through private message for testing purpose ? Thanks.

10 years 10 months ago #110239

Yes. I am actually creating a sandbox site and I will send you that info soon. Thanks. FYI: I have another customer using Hikashop that paid for a payflowpro gateway. I am using that now with this customer and it seems to be working ok. However, the PayPalPro plugin is still an issue.

10 years 10 months ago #110294

All I can say is that the error comes from one of the fields value not being correct.
If it's only with the Florida state, then it's probably that you modified the Florida zone in a way that is not correct.
So I would recommend you to check on that.

10 years 10 months ago #110311

We will look again and let you know. THanks.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 6 months ago #126097

Hi Nicolas,
I have the same requirement: different tax for 5 different counties for NY State. The customer choose the county and the tax for this county should be visible.
I made the change as you describe for miracleecho. I spent a lots of time to fix it, but unfortunately without success. Could you please have a look of my website and give me some direction how to fix it.

credentials removed by a moderator

Thank you.

Anh

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Jerome.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 6 months ago #126185

Hi,

What is your problem ? Display different taxes depending on the country, or the error when going to pay ?

Thanks to update your HikaShop version, don't forget to make a backup before.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 6 months ago #126187

Display different taxes depending on the county. We have in NY several county. Each county has different tax.

10 years 6 months ago #126249

Hi,

Your products are all in the "Default tax category". So your tax rules should also be set for the "Default tax category" and not for other tax categories. Otherwise, the tax rules won't apply to the products since the tax category doesn't match.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds