Having 2 Checkout Forms

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 8 months ago #23421

Hello again.

Recently I needed 2 checkout forms and i searched a bit and found out the checkout is called by the "?...&checkout=1" and i wanted to know how can i call a custom maded checkout with this function (im guessing that the function calls to build the checkout from a php file for this checkout, so copying the checkout php file to a customized one and call that via url)

Im asking is this the right way to do it, and if it is what file do i need to copy to create this customized checkout?

Customized configuration and so on..

And another thing i need is to enable affiliate without showing the checkbox. I marked no at the configuration for "Add a 'become partner' checkbox on the registration form " and yes for "Default value of the partner checkbox" and it has a default 'no' what can i do to set it for yes default?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13084
12 years 8 months ago #23432

Hi,

There is a lot more involved in order to have two different checkouts. The checkout=1 parameter just tells the system to redirect to the checkout after the product is added to the cart. You would also have to modify the checkout controller and the checkout views in order to handle several checkouts. That would include a bunch of hacks.

The best would be to allow the checkout workflow to be overridden by hikashop plugins. That would enable you to do it more easily. But that's not yet possible.

If you want to activate the affiliates by default, it's quite easy. Just change the default value of the user_partner_activated column of the hikashop_user table to 1 via phpmyadmin and all the new users will be affiliates by default. You don't need that checkbox.

If you still want to use the checkbox, you should try to replace the line:
$affiliate = 'CHECKED';

to:
$affiliate = 'checked="checked"';

in the file components/com_hikashop/views/user/view.html.php that might help solve the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds