Download HikaShop FedEx Shipping Plugin

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #46077

Tiger
Go ahead try it now, I just checked it and it's working just fine.
thannks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #46080

It should be working now. Just checked it.
thanks

12 years 1 month ago #46082

Yes its working, but I had to use a US address instead of Canada.

But no luck, I'm still stuck with same problem about shipping, it doesn't work, I will contact Jerome, this is getting a real nightmare!

• Thank you received: 4006
12 years 1 month ago #46096

Hi,

The plugin configuration and product configuration were good.
There was another bug in the original plugin that I have quick fixed.

Regards,
Jerome

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

12 years 1 month ago #46099

Jerome,

How difficult do you think it would be to bundle the items being shipped into a single package (up to the weight limit)?

The version you all made for kasseyhadi works great, but the shipping rates are quite high as they are requested for each item in the cart (as opposed to a package with multiple items).

12 years 1 month ago #46104

Hi,

The problem come from the package counter and the way that the structure is assembled.
On the Fedex plugin I just try to fix issues in order to have something working but I want to write a fedex plugin from scratch using the same plugin base than other plugin I have made for HikaShop.
I could make some checks to find the package segmentation problem.
The original problem was that only the first item in the cart was used by the plugin. I have fixed it by giving all products to the function but as you said, the result is that items are separate in several packages.

I have to read some fedex documentation :)

Regards,
Jerome

Jerome - Obsidev.com

12 years 1 month ago #46109

Jerome, you're absolutely right about the original problem as the plugin never checked to see whether more than one item should be rated, and always told FedEx there was just one package. That bit is now working correctly, along with the other items you fixed.

There is some package combining code in the plugin. It looks like it was pulled from the existing UPS plugin. I wonder if that would work the same for FedEx aside from any FedEx-specific maximum weight or size.

12 years 1 month ago #46112

Maybe we can activate the option "group_package" but the algorithm is a little bit weird for me.
I don't understand with height, width and length are increment during the processing. I think that only one dimension (height, width OR length) should be incremented.

After that, limitations are hard coded (weight:150, dim:165) and I don't know if it is really the same thing for Fedex.

If you want to try the "group_package" algorithm, just replace

if(@$rate->shipping_params->group_package){
by
if(true){

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

12 years 1 month ago #46114

Hmm, I understand what you're saying about incrementing the dimensions. I wonder if that's for calculating the max length/girth (as below). And, of course, that's assuming you're using FedEx ground and your own boxes.

Max dimensions for FedEx ground are:
• 150 lbs. (68 kg) or less in weight.
• 108” (274.32 cm) or less in length.
• 165” (419.1 cm) in length and girth combined (Length + Girth = L + (2 x W) + (2 x H)).

I'll take a look at it and see if it seems to work. I also have a VirtueMart shipping plugin for UPS that does bundled packaging. Might be worth looking at how the limits are calculated in that one.

12 years 1 month ago #46120

Jerome,
I've made a few test passes with varying numbers of items and combining them into packages for shipping seems to work ok so far.

Using all 3 dimensions in the calculations seems to put the items in more boxes than are probably necessary, but I think it's still a closer guess at rates than allowing them to be calculated for each item separately.

I did a little more research and realized a couple of things. First, accurately calculating the maximum number of randomly-sized items that will fit into a fixed size box is a complex problem computationally (the bin-packing problem is NP-hard). And it probably means that you'd have to provide instructions so that the human packing the boxes could do so correctly.

I did find references on the OpenCart forum to a box-calculation class that someone there has integrated into a FedEx module.
forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=30319
github.com/yetzt/boxing/blob/master/boxing.class.php

It would be interesting to see how accurate that is as a long-term solution. Meanwhile, I think I'm going to move forward with using the current routine for combining items into a package. It doesn't give the optimum packing solution, but I think it's probably worthwhile for a small shop that won't be shipping huge orders to a single customer.

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sleepigrl.

11 years 11 months ago #51433

Hi,

We are using the Starter Version of Hikashop and we are trying to implement the fedex plugin mentioned in this thread but we have not been able to get it to work, there are no errors it just does not show up on the shipping step. We were planning on buying the updated version sold by kasseyhadi but we wanted to make sure if it is absolutely certain that it will work with our version of hikashop or even so, if we need to buy the Business version of Hikashop we will but we want to know if this will solve the problem. Thank you in advance for your response.

• Thank you received: 13088
11 years 11 months ago #51538

If the shipping method does not display on the checkout, it can comes from lots of things, which can or can not be related to the fact that you're not using the fixed version jerome made for kasseyhadi.
In any case, buying HikaShop Essential or Business won't magically fix the problem.
However, if you use the version jerome made for kasseyhadi and it still doesn't work, then it means that it comes from one of these problems:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

11 years 11 months ago #52124

Thank you for your response nicolas. We managed to get the plug-in at least showing during the checkout process. It turns out that the response handler on the fedex.php file is only conditioned to react to "HighestSeverity" values of "ERROR" and "SUCCESS" when dealing with the response string. But there is another possible value for the "HighestSeverity" variable which is "WARNING" which was what we were getting, so since there was no condition to deal with this value it did not do anything past that point and it is why it was not showing up. Just a quick mod to the "SUCCES" conditional and finally it showed up:

This is the change we made to the conditional expression on line 803 of the fedex.php file:

if($response->HighestSeverity == "SUCCESS" or $response->HighestSeverity == "WARNING")

We have not tested it through yet, but I am guessing we are still going to run into the same issues as everyone else here so we will probably need to buy kasseyhadi solution, but at least we know it will end up working. Our main concern was that it was not showing up at all.

11 years 11 months ago #52942

I don't know what happen, I put my site online, and update to 1.5.8, Fedex not working. When it work, it charge a huge amount for shipping.
lesmaitresdelerable.com

Will someone develop soon a complete working solution?

11 years 11 months ago #53042

Was it working before ?
Are you using the fedex plugin that jerome fixed ?
The update should not change anything for shipping plugins.
If you revert to 1.5.7, does it work ?

11 years 10 months ago #53713

Will this or the paid version of this plugin work now that FedEx no longer uses API's?

11 years 10 months ago #53714

The Fedex plugin we have on our end works fine.

• Thank you received: 5
11 years 10 months ago #53753

Will this plugin work if the sender's address is a non-US one, say Singapore?

11 years 10 months ago #53757

I think it should yes.

11 years 10 months ago #53792

Do you have any suggestions, as I can no longer receive an API key and password from FedEx. The plugin requires the information to be entered.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds