- Posts: 136
- Thank you received: 1
Testing Notifications
I'm trying to test email notifications by manually setting the order status to confirmed in the control panel, however I am receiving this error message
"500 - An error has occurred.
View not found [name, type, prefix]: address,html,addressView"
Can you please help me with this to allow me to test the email notifications?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the control panel ? There is a dropdown to change an order's status on the orders/sales page and on the order page itself, but not in the control panel.
Could you do a screenshot before the error and after the error so that we can see where you are and what you're going to get that error ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please let me know what I need to do to give you back end access.
Thank you very much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just sent that to you now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So, for any one wanting to customize the status notification so that it sends the full order details, I attached the code to use in that post
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have now gone in and manually set the status of some orders to confirmed and then selected yes to notify the customer. However, no emails are being generated. I have also tried again by selecting yes and then entering in the email address to send to. This still did not send to me. You may still be on doing some testing so I do apologise for my haste if this is the case.
Jacqueline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you receive other emails sent by HikaShop ? On our end the email notification is working fine so it must be a configuration problem on your end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The is in regards to my previous post today - emails not sending.
Throughout my testing procedure I've done the following:
1 - Removed all customisation = emails were sent correctly
2 - Applied changes as you've attached to this post = emails are not sent
I'm trying various other things.
But do you think there is something you could look at in the code you attached?
I'm hoping that might help me determine why my emails are not sending!
Thanks again,
Jac
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 - I removed all customisations to the email (order_status_notification) and then the email was sent. I tested this both through the back end status change, and purchasing an item.
2 - Then I placed in your custom code. Test this both through the back end (works) and purchasing the item (doesn't work)
One thing I did notice was that when I change the status through the back end, for item 1 the name and email address is populated, for item 2 this does not occur. Not sure if that helps.
I have placed a test product in for $1 for testing purposes. As I need to continue purchasing items to see if the emails send, so far nothing has worked - apart from the original status notification email.
So just to confirm, there is no error in the back end - but no emails are being generated when the product is actually purchased.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And yes - the order status successfully changes from created > confirmed when buying from the front end.
However, when I removed the customisation the emails were sent.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.