Translation not showing on the frontend

  • Posts: 27
  • Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #58502

Hi all,

I have multilingual site with Falang component on Joomla 2.5 and I am using Hikashop essential. When changing between languages everything is fine with german and english language, but the translation stays in english when switching to Croatian or Slovenian language. I checked desired strings if they are translated and they are, but are not showing on frontend.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 12953
  • Thank you received: 1774
9 years 11 months ago #58504

Hello,

You should maybe check your translation files at "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Languages"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 27
  • Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #58505

Already checked. Everything's fine on both translations, but still not showing on frontend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 27
  • Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #58518

Going crazy because of this... :blink: Having no idea what's wrong...
checked the name of .ini file --- o.k.
checked translation in .ini file --- o.k.
refresh frontend --- NOT TRANSLATED :sick:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 75861
  • Thank you received: 11845
  • MODERATOR
9 years 11 months ago #58560

There must be an error in your translation files.
Please turn on the language debug option of the joomla configuration and display your website in Croatian or Slovenian. At the bottom of the page, you will have a red area telling you which lines of the translation files are not correct.
Then, you just need to fix them and it will work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 27
  • Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #58578

Thank you @nicolas. That solved the problem. There was quotation mark missing in line 753. Still doesnt understand why some languages works eventhough they also have errors in some lines. Anyway, I am happy that problem is solved and that I know how to solve similar problems in the future. :)

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 81
  • Thank you received: 2
9 years 8 months ago #71912

I have the same problem, and checked for translation errors.
I found 1 error in the acymailing translation file wich I fixed, but I still got no translation of Title and description.

However, some translations on my orderingform are translated.

In hikashop multilanguage is ON, and the rest of the translations in Joomla work fine.
Could something else be wrong? I do not have a clue..

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by rockoladeluxe. Reason: forgot something

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 75861
  • Thank you received: 11845
  • MODERATOR
9 years 8 months ago #72134

The question on this thread was about the display of translations of the interface of HikaShop on the frontend which was not working because of a modification of the translation file.

Your problem is different as far as I can see since the problem is that you translated some of your content (products, categories) and that you don't see the translation on the front end.
That usually happens when the content elements of Hikashop are missing in Falang:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/5...rent-translated.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum