- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 0
Wrong links from categories after translation
9 years 2 months ago #275310
by DimLVL
Wrong links from categories after translation was created by DimLVL
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
Hello. I'm using Hikashop + Falang.
All website is translated, but I have a problem with category links. Default language is English. When I choose other language than English, and going to the category menu, all its submenus are redirecting me to the English submenus, not on chosen language.
How can I fix it?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
Hello. I'm using Hikashop + Falang.
All website is translated, but I have a problem with category links. Default language is English. When I choose other language than English, and going to the category menu, all its submenus are redirecting me to the English submenus, not on chosen language.
How can I fix it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #275360
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Wrong links from categories after translation
Hi,
That's probably because you cofnigured the canonical URL in the main product but not for each of the translations of the products.
Either leave the canonical URL empty for all your categories/products or make sure that you fill it for each translation.
That's probably because you cofnigured the canonical URL in the main product but not for each of the translations of the products.
Either leave the canonical URL empty for all your categories/products or make sure that you fill it for each translation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276630
by DimLVL
Replied by DimLVL on topic Wrong links from categories after translation
You're right.
In "Force canonical URLs on listings" it's set to "use canonical url and generate it if missing", but as I can see, urls somehow are not generated automatically. For English it works fine. Where could be the reason? I use the last Falang.
In "Force canonical URLs on listings" it's set to "use canonical url and generate it if missing", but as I can see, urls somehow are not generated automatically. For English it works fine. Where could be the reason? I use the last Falang.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276705
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Wrong links from categories after translation
Hi,
That setting will generate the main canonical URL of the products but doesn't support generating translation canonical URLs.
You would have to either leave the canonical URL field empty in the main product and turn off that setting, or enter manually the canonical URLs for each language.
That setting will generate the main canonical URL of the products but doesn't support generating translation canonical URLs.
You would have to either leave the canonical URL field empty in the main product and turn off that setting, or enter manually the canonical URLs for each language.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276711
by DimLVL
Replied by DimLVL on topic Wrong links from categories after translation
Categories are ok, I have just around 100 of them. But what can I do with product canonical URL? We have around 10000 products and we add new products all the time... Should we really type all links manually?? Is there any way to avoid it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276725
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Wrong links from categories after translation
Hi,
You can empty their canonical URLs all at once with a mass action (menu System>Mass actions) and then set the "force canonical URLS on listings" to only use the canonical URL when specified (for the categories).
That way, the products won't have a canonical URL, so no need to do anything manually for them.
You can empty their canonical URLs all at once with a mass action (menu System>Mass actions) and then set the "force canonical URLS on listings" to only use the canonical URL when specified (for the categories).
That way, the products won't have a canonical URL, so no need to do anything manually for them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds