Skip to main content

Translate Placeholders with language strings

More
7 years 6 months ago #305026 by joris85
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Hi guys,

I searched the forum and I see the strings are used for labels but nowhere I see how to implement it with placeholders.

Can I translate placeholders in the checkout process?
Add this to the website url for adding the product and go to the checkout:
/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&quantity=1&checkout=1&product_id=128

I would love not to use falang or joomfish for only the placeholders.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #305043 by nicolas
Hi,

In the file administrator/components/com_falang/contentelements/hikashop_field.xml ( that you can open via FTP ), you would have to add the column field_options as a translatable column. You would then be able to modify the options of custom fields (including the placeholder) per language in the Falang translation interface.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #305093 by joris85
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply.
I rather do it without Falang.
It is a monster for only translating the placeholders.
If you can translate the Labels with language strings is it not convenient to do the same with Placeholders?

I would love to use placeholders here because than I do not need Falang and customise falang for that.
I use 90% of the time placeholders instead of labels and as far as I known it is more and more used.

Is there a change this feature will be there in an Update of Hikashop to just add language strings.
So add like 'PLACEHOLDER_NAME' in the placeholder field.

Love to hear back from you :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #305112 by nicolas
Hi,

Yes, we could look at adding that in the future. I was just trying to provide a solution you could use directly, without having to wait :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #305132 by joris85
Yes, that is great, I probably will need to use this solution because I do not think you have this feature in 2 weeks :-)

You always find a solution so I am grateful and hope it will be added in the near future.
I have 2 site's with this issue and more coming I hope ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #306260 by joris85
Hi Nicolas,

My translation is almost going online.
Is the only way at this moment still using Falang?
I am already using joomla core, Easylanguage and i would love to not use Falang to...

I am willing to pay an extra fee if that would help you out :-D
I have no idea how many ours work but i rather pay a bit than using Falang.

Please let me know if and how this is an option to fix in short term :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #306273 by nicolas
Hi,

I've added the modification on our end for next version of HikaShop.
We plan to release it this week. So if you can wait a few days you'll be able to use translation overrides on the placeholders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #306286 by joris85
A week is acceptable :-)

How will it work to translate?
I can add strings like labels?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #306287 by nicolas
Hi,

Yes, it will work similarily. You use the translation key in the label and it use the corresponding translation when displaying the field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #306293 by joris85
Merci Nicolas!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #306736 by joris85
I do not see it in the Changelog HikaShop 4.1.0
Is this feature added?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #306737 by nicolas
Hi,

We miss adding it to the changelog but it is in the release.
That's because in the same commit, we also added the possibility to translate the custom field options (not just the placeholders) via Falang, and that's what went in the changelog:

It is now possible to translate the json encoded options of the fields via Falang.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #306858 by joris85
It is working like a Charm!
Thanks for this great new update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum