Getting Started with HikaSubscription

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
2 years 7 months ago #335203

Hi there,

Can anyone point me to a step-by-step tutorial on how to set up a subscription product? I am finding the documentation hard going and there are a few things I don't understand, eg:

- Do I need to have both the Paypal and Paypal Recurring plugins as payment options? Can we use Paypal Recurring to process products that are not subscriptions?
- We also have Stripe as a payment method, how do I make sure people buying subscriptions select the right payment method?
- Why does the Plan have a 'Group' dropdown that doesn't seem to have any options? What is it for and how do people get assigned to that user group?
- I made a new user group but it didn't appear in the dropdown.
- I don't really understand how to differentiate between a product that automatically renews or one where they have to renew manually? How to switch that 'on' or 'off', if you like.

Thanks for any help
Leila

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
2 years 7 months ago #335217

Hello,

When you open a forum thread, please provide details regarding your HikaShop, HikaSerial and Joomla version.
It helps the support team understanding your context and provide a more efficient support.

1 - The "Paypal Recurring" plugin does have a setting called "handle no recurring" ; which allows him to accept non recurring orders.

2 - You have a HikaSerial setting to indicate if you authorize non recurring payment plugin for subscription paiements.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...uration.html#sub_adv
Depending that setting, your customers can pay a subscription without a recurring plugin and would have to renew manually.

3 - The "plan group" is something you can create via the "plan listing" in the backend ; you will find a "group" button in the toolbar.
You do not need groups for your plans except if you're using custom plugins and you want to display plans from the same groups to your customers.
The configuration of the "people get assigned to that user group" is in the tab "Plan Actions" when you edit your plan.
You'll find the "Group Subscriber" settings for that.

4 - The workflow is describe in the tutorial page :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...derstanding_workflow
Creation then Renewal implies recurring payments. But if the customer use a "non recurring" plugin, he will have to renew manually via the front-end interface.
By creating two products, one "creation" and another "renewal" ; you can set-up different prices (like we do for HikaShop licences).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

2 years 7 months ago #335232

Hi there,

Sorry not to complete the version information:
Joomla version, 3.9.8
HikaShop Business: 4.4.3
HikaSubscription: 4.0.0

Many thanks for your answers, that clarifies some of my problems.

Can I ask another question: We have guest checkout on the shop, if someone checks out as a guest how can they manage their subscription? Must they have an account before they can purchase a subscription product?

Thanks and best wishes
Leila

• Thank you received: 4004
2 years 7 months ago #335249

Hello,

Guest accounts cannot buy subscription product.
The component will refuse the creation of the order.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

2 years 7 months ago #335252

Thanks! I understand.

Best wishes
Leila

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds