Consecutive number beside regular Serial Number

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 weeks ago #289115

Is it possible to generate a consecutive number besides the QR code? The following scenario: We have different tickets for different events. Each ticket gets its serial number - all right. Now we need an additional consecutive number for every single event. From one event 30 tickets were sold with the number 1 - 30, from another event 250 tickets were sold with the number 1- 250 etc. Is that possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 weeks ago #289142

Hello,

HikaSerial have a plugin called "series generator" which generate successive numbers.
But if you use that generator, it would mean that your serial data won't be a random content anymore.

I'm not sure that you want to use that generator, specially when the content you want to add in your e-ticket is very specific.
Regarding your needs, I'm afraid that some custom development would be required in order to have something to extend the generation of the e-ticket (and add some content depending a value) ; and maybe a custom plugin to store some data in the "serial extra data" (for the counter you want to add).

The HikaSerial structure is flexible and will allow you to store the data and to customize. But by default there is not the specific feature you're looking for.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seitenspieler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds